Thread: News - BT rounds on O2 to promote ?unlimited? Wi-Fi hotspot offer

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - BT rounds on O2 to promote ?unlimited? Wi-Fi hotspot offer

The introduction of fixed caps on mobile broadband is viewed as an opportunity by BT.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: News - BT rounds on O2 to promote ?unlimited? Wi-Fi hotspot offer

Probably because 02 now does Home phone and broadband.

Thanks

I could never see why BT didn't introduce a wifi phone that could connect through BT Openzone and possibly even regular BT Broadband users. They could have charged standard phone call rates and profit shared with either the Openzone outlet or the home user who was willing to share part of his broadband. The only thing I could see stopping them was a non-compete with o2 in the mobile arena put in when they sold it.
    Now, if you have coverage, the 3 Skype phones are great; free Skype-to-Skype calls on a mobile with no need to even top up.

Thanks

very daft question perhaps, but does this mean that all o2 customers get access to bt openzone now? or does it mean that o2 customers with the wifi bolt on now get "unlimted" downloads via openzone instead of a set limit? or what does it mean in simple real terms

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by uni View Post
    very daft question perhaps, but does this mean that all o2 customers get access to bt openzone now? or does it mean that o2 customers with the wifi bolt on now get "unlimted" downloads via openzone instead of a set limit? or what does it mean in simple real terms
    None of that - I think the point of the story is that BT are targeting o2 in their advertising campaigns, trying to say "o2 have introduced download limits for their mobile service, so why not use BT Openzone instead!".

All very silly to be honest since they are trying to compare different services...mobile networks to Wifi, pointless comparison.

What makes this even more stupid is that, unless things have changed in the past few month (and they may have), o2 customers with the WiFi bolt-on get free unlimited access to BT Openzone anyway!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spud1 View Post
    None of that - I think the point of the story is that BT are targeting o2 in their advertising campaigns, trying to say "o2 have introduced download limits for their mobile service, so why not use BT Openzone instead!".

All very silly to be honest since they are trying to compare different services...mobile networks to Wifi, pointless comparison.

What makes this even more stupid is that, unless things have changed in the past few month (and they may have), o2 customers with the WiFi bolt-on get free unlimited access to BT Openzone anyway!
    well that's what was confusing me, o2 customers using openzone. i presume it was a limited service, but is not unlimited. when i get my new iphone i'll have a proper iphone contract so will have the wifi, only i'm never anywhere near an openzone hotspot so it's pretty useless to me most of the time

Thread Information