• Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" + LG 22"
      • Internet:
      • JANET

Re: News - EA not worried about lower than expected Medal Of Honor reviews

What I got out of that:

EA don't care they made a poor game, because loads of people preordered it. I wish hadn't bothered preordering it. Should have preordered Fallout New Vegas instead.

Desktop - i7 930, XMS3 6x2GB DDR3, X58A-UD3R (rev2), 2xHD5870 1GB (CrossFireX), Crucial C300 64GB , 2x2TB WD Caviar Green, Corsair 650TX
    Notebook - MacBook Pro 13" i5 Early 2011

My flickr

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redddraggon View Post
    What I got out of that:

EA don't care they made a poor game, because loads of people preordered it. I wish hadn't bothered preordering it. Should have preordered Fallout New Vegas instead.
    I could have told you to preorder Fallout if it was an either/or choice

Can you cancel your pre-order? As long as you didn't pay too much then just chalk it up as experience, play it then flog it on

They will sell a ton of copies regardless, I'll buy it when it becomes cheap enough. They had such a good chance of making this a great game on the back of MW2 & what was right/wrong with that, guess they just ignored all the free feedback people all over the internet were giving MW2 though :/

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

i have pre-ordered it on steam, might look into contacting them and cancelling it if i can

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

EA will be eager to catch up with the success of Activision and the Call of Duty series, but with the launch of the new Call Of Duty game just around the corner, and taking into account the less than brilliant scores for Medal of Honor, EA's shooter could well be overlooked.
    Nothing new there then - apart from the first one, has any MoH title been well received? Personally speaking, I had MoH:AA collection and MoH: PA on PC and MoH:Airbourne on Xbox360 and PC - and thought them pretty respectable - especially Airbourne which I thought had a pretty good single player set.

Okay I'll admit to maybe being biased because I had major PC problems that knocked out all my MoH titles, along with CoD:MW - and while Activision just ignored my support call, the EA folks were very helpful and actually got the problem resolved. (Turned out to be iolo System Mechanic screwing things up).
    What I got out of that:
    I'm willing to bet that EA definitely do care whether it's good or not - after all, if it's along the lines of most film tie-ins (i.e. "crap") then that's probably the series killed - and little/no chance of future titles to go up against what Activision churn out.

Personally, I'll reserve my judgement until the postie delivers my pre-order (supposed to be today - gimme, gimme!), and not take the word of the critics as gospel. I've got a couple of games that got slated because of poor multiplayer, which doesn't effect me because I don't MP anyway. On the other hand, I wasn't that keen on the universally-acclaimed CoD:MW2, because the single-player experience was pretty thin v's BC2 or even MW1. Getting back to my MoH pre-order, it's going to be interesting to compare that to CoD:BlackOps when it arrives - as I've preordered that too (I'm a big CoD fan - even though I don't really do MP).

Heck, my fave game of the moment is Just Cause 2 - which got a royal slagging in the last "professional" review I read - too "cartoon-like" and "brainless" apparently.
    Last edited by crossy; 14-10-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Thanks

What I got out of that:

That's what I read into it. Sounds like they new it wouldn't compete with CoD, but are using it as a building block for future MoH titles.

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by crossy View Post
    Personally, I'll reserve my judgement until the postie delivers my pre-order (supposed to be today - gimme, gimme!), and not take the word of the critics as gospel
    Ok - apologies time - I had an hour-long session with it yesterday (on the XBox360) and there were at least two major bugs I spotted - both related to not quite being in the exact spot needed to trigger the next waypoint - you're close enough that the waypoint marker disappears but not close enough to be "there". First one was in a courtyard, and I ended up wandering around melee-ing everything in sight just to get it to go onwards. For the second one I was supposed to be doing some target designation for a Spectre gunship (my favourite from CoD:MW1) but although I'd got the target designator working, there was no weapon select from the Spectre, so I couldn't make the bad guys go bye-bye. In that case I reloaded the last checkpoint and it worked second time around.

Then again, I'm too Russian in my outlook, as in "russian into danger", so I think I'll be dead-meat/cannon-fodder if I ever get to multiplayer. :'(

Oh, and maybe I'm being dumb, but the instructions don't make it plain that to get the slide-into-cover move you have to be sprinting. I've also had some minor problems selecting the pistol, but that's maybe down to my elderly fingers...

Still at least it'll keep me amused until the next CoD instalment turns up next month.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_B View Post
    They had such a good chance of making this a great game on the back of MW2 & what was right/wrong with that, guess they just ignored all the free feedback people all over the internet were giving MW2 though :/
    You're correct - they certainly ignored the complaints that the MW2 single-player campaign was too short - MoH's is even shorter. I'm definitely no steely-eyed, lightning-fingered elite (more like myopic village idiot) but I managed to complete it in three fairly short sessions on Medium difficulty.

And that's while trying to figure out what the 'eck the other guys were chuntering on about: "get on your NOD's", "hardcover now", etc. Plus - in the helicopter missions being told what some of the controls were after you could have used them.

Shame because when the game was actually running properly (and you knew what controls were effective) it was actually pretty good, (sniper and laser designator sections were particularly good). Oh, and of course - more of it would have been nicer ...

If I'm being fair, I'd give it 5/10, maybe a 6/10 if the multiplayers any good.

Registered+
    Thanks

They will probablly sell a lot though due to amount of press coverage the title has had.

Thread Information