Thread: News - SCAN announces vendor swap-out scheme for Intel Sandy Bridge boards

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - SCAN announces vendor swap-out scheme for Intel Sandy Bridge boards

Following the announcement of a total product recall, there is now an alternative if you can’t wait for the new ones.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: News - SCAN announces vendor swap-out scheme for Intel Sandy Bridge boards

Well done Scan. They have really bent over backwards to help and I think this deserves a lot of credit. I really appreciate the up to date information and the fact that they are being proactive in arranging a resolution.

Well done..

Thanks

Wow this is bigger than I thought. Maybe these vendors will be thinking twice about how reliant they are on intel in future.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • GageC's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5N-D 750i
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.2GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair XMS2 @ 900MHz
      • Storage:
      • System: 500GB WD Caviar Black. Storage: 750GB WD Caviar Green + 400GB Hitachi Deskstar
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 9800GTX+ SC 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster Real Power 700w
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster "Dominator"
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x LG 19" widescreen. 1440x900 res on both
      • Internet:
      • BeThere 24meg

This just goes to show that Scan really are one of the best, if not the best, retailer for computer components. They have gone out of their way to make sure that the customer is still getting the best service that they can get. Hats off to them, and I'm even more happy to be a Scan customer!

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by GageC View Post
    This just goes to show that Scan really are one of the best, if not the best, retailer for computer components. They have gone out of their way to make sure that the customer is still getting the best service that they can get. Hats off to them, and I'm even more happy to be a Scan customer!
    +1 on this, and it's stuff like this that I guess pretty much guarantees them yet another "Best Online Retailer" award for this year.

I'd certainly be happy to nominate them for that, given the way that they managed to put a rocket up the a** of DPD to get my much delayed deliveries in December pushed out.

Got to say that if I was in the market for a Sandy-Bridge upgrade (and was considering it for my daughter's old AMD-based box) then Scan would be first - and second place - that I'd check. Of course, getting the free next-day delivery (thanks to Hexus!) is a big plus too...

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Registered+
    Thanks

Some input from a real Scan customer of an Asus P8H67-M PRO.......

It's good that Intel, Asus and Scan have all moved so quickly and honestly on this problem, and agreed a course of action to satisfy their customers (as far as possible) in this difficult situation. However, I am still short of information on how the exchange will be handled by Scan, and cannot find the information on their website.

1. What action does the customer need to take, and when, to get an exchange board?
    2. How will the exchange work? The board I purchased has been built into a system that has been delivered to my customer, who cannot be without his system for more than a working day. I hope the replacement will be dispatched before the faulty board is returned. If necessary credit card details could be provided so that if the old board is not received back in, say, 3 weeks the credit card will be debited with the full cost of the board. This will keep the system down-time to an absolute minimum.
    3. I would also expect the carriage costs in both directions to be covered by Intel/Asus/Scan.

Thanks

Nice move Scan. Thanks.

Thanks

+1 to jeff. Are scan going to get in touch with its customers about this or is this our duty? I dont mind waiting for the swap but scan havnt personally replied on this yet, and ive sent them 2 emails. Its just to put our minds at rest...

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

same here, i'm a RAID user so it's affected me they told me to come in and they'll swap it, i suggested going down to a 760 and 1156 and they said that was fine too

got called into work though and never went down, reckon now i'll just hold onto it til the new boards are available

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by ooey View Post
    +1 to jeff. Are scan going to get in touch with its customers about this or is this our duty? I dont mind waiting for the swap but scan havnt personally replied on this yet, and ive sent them 2 emails. Its just to put our minds at rest...
    phone em mate, it's easier

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnah View Post
    phone em mate, it's easier
    Well ill give them a bit of time to respond because they are probably very busy over this (i'm sure they sold a lot of boards). If they could just elaborate on how and when we should go about getting the replacements on their homepage then it would prevent a lot of individual emails for them to deal with!

Scan are a good company with a good reputation.

Thread Information