Thread: Reviews - Roxio Game Capture - Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Reviews - Roxio Game Capture - Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

Roxio Game Capture allows you to record and edit gameplay footage from your console and then upload and share to the Internet masses.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Re: Reviews - Roxio Game Capture - Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

3.5/5? Really? seems more like it deserves a 2/5 or lower IMO. Limited appeal to an already limited audience, especially at £70 a pop. If someone has the kind of money to throw away on something like this they obviously have more than they know what to do with and might as well throw a bit more into it to get something which does a half decent job.

Just because its a bit of a loner in a bit of a niche market doesn't make it a good product... SD is dead.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    3.5/5? Really? seems more like it deserves a 2/5 or lower IMO. Limited appeal to an already limited audience, especially at £70 a pop. If someone has the kind of money to throw away on something like this they obviously have more than they know what to do with and might as well throw a bit more into it to get something which does a half decent job.

Just because its a bit of a loner in a bit of a niche market doesn't make it a good product... SD is dead.
    SD isn't dead. You only have to look on YouTube to see hundreds of game clips from hobbysits in SD, which show decent quality for what they want it for. I rarely click on the HD option on YouTube for anything.

£70 is a little expensive, but the HD options are much higher and not as easy to use if you have no technical knowledge. I toyed with 3/5, but I'd use this no problem. It fits in between the likes of the Hauppage HD PVR and Easy Cap nicely.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by Steven W View Post
    SD isn't dead. You only have to look on YouTube to see hundreds of game clips from hobbysits in SD, which show decent quality for what they want it for. I rarely click on the HD option on YouTube for anything.

£70 is a little expensive, but the HD options are much higher and not as easy to use if you have no technical knowledge. I toyed with 3/5, but I'd use this no problem. It fits in between the likes of the Hauppage HD PVR and Easy Cap nicely.
    The easy cap is as good as free?! Thats what a hobbyist will spent, not £70. I just cant see this in-between person anywhere.

You say you would use it, but would you buy it? Would you honestly recommend that someone else goes out and buys it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    The easy cap is as good as free?! Thats what a hobbyist will spent, not £70. I just cant see this in-between person anywhere.

You say you would use it, but would you buy it? Would you honestly recommend that someone else goes out and buys it?
    I see where you're coming from. The easy cap is going to do the job for some, but I still had lots of problems with it. Audio out of synch, picture in black and white, a lot of messing around. I think if you've got some disposable income this is a good product if you want to just be able to capture footage immediately with no hassle.

Speaking from a personal point of view, I'd bypass this and get the Hauppage HD PVR for about £150. But then it isn't as easy to set-up and it's a lot of dosh to shell out just for a hobby. As I said £70 is a little expensive. I think £40-£50 would be a good price point, but it's still a decent product.

Thread Information