• Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

Re: News - Samsung sues Apple back

The rounded edges on a smart phone. Take a look at Samsung devices before even the 2G iPhone came out, hmmmm rounded edges on the phone, thin design etc Not forgetting Samsung were the first company to actually use any sort of touch on a device in the first place. Granted, not touch screen, but touch buttons on the front of the phone, so in reality Samsung were pioneers for todays touchscreen phones.

Not forgetting that with other manufacturers same thing. So many different devices that can all do the same things now, it is what users want from their smartphones and the different companys give freedom of choice in design and software.

It appears to me that Apple are trying to corner the smartphone market and dont like healthy competition and personal choice.

Apple REALLY need to consider what it is doing here, dont antagonise a large supplier or they could put a major spanner in the works.

Thanks

Always good to see such a ruthless company get counter-sued.

Thanks
    • cameronlite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5K Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair 1333mhz
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Twin Frozr AMD 5850 1GB
      • PSU:
      • XILENCE 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li P50r AMD Limited Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Professional 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 243W 24", HP LA2405 24", Dell 2405 24"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin - 30Mb

Destroy them!

I hope to God they win this one.
    Currently studying: Electronic Engineering and Artificial Intelligence at the University of Southampton.

Thanks

Agreed. Would be nice to see Apple being knocked down a peg or 20!

:-)
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Thanks
    • The Hand's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200mhz (8GBx2)
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Kingston SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce RTX 2060 Super 8GB Dual Series
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520 Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Praetorian
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 32 inch HD TV
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbps Fibre

All this makes me wonder how long it'll be before Apple attempt sue the BBC for the "i-Player". Then there is iGoogle etc... How long before apple attempt to sue anyone using the letter "i" lol.

Ironic really - Steve Jobs freely admits to copying Xerox's mouse driven GUI, he saw back in 1979?

Thanks

i7 - I'd like to see them try to sue Intel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    Agreed. Would be nice to see Apple being knocked down a peg or 20!

:-)
    I've never quite understood this; why do Apple need to be knocked down a peg or 20? What is it about an incredibly successful company that makes highly desirable products that some people dislike so much?

Thanks
    • cameronlite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5K Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair 1333mhz
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Twin Frozr AMD 5850 1GB
      • PSU:
      • XILENCE 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li P50r AMD Limited Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Professional 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 243W 24", HP LA2405 24", Dell 2405 24"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin - 30Mb

Quote Originally Posted by mrochester View Post
    I've never quite understood this; why do Apple need to be knocked down a peg or 20? What is it about an incredibly successful company that makes highly desirable products that some people dislike so much?
    Well, Intel are incredibly successful, they make highly desirable products and there are sure as hell, far few Intel haters than Apple ones.

Although I haven't answered your question, I'm sure you'll get a whole load of responses to it...
    Currently studying: Electronic Engineering and Artificial Intelligence at the University of Southampton.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cameronlite View Post
    Well, Intel are incredibly successful, they make highly desirable products and there are sure as hell, far few Intel haters than Apple ones.

Although I haven't answered your question, I'm sure you'll get a whole load of responses to it...
    Yeah it just doesn't make any sense.

Thanks
    • cheesemp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS TUF x570-plus
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Corsair RGB ram
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb NVMe + 500Gb TcSunbow SDD (cheap for games only)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 480 8Gb Nitro+ OC (with auto OC to above 580 speeds!)
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master MWE 750 bronze
      • Case:
      • Gamemax f15m
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" QHD AOC Q3279VWF
      • Internet:
      • FTTC ~35Mb

Because apple seem to have an incredible amount of arrogance I've only ever seen in bt otherwise. Both companies seem to treat anyone using other services as idiots not to use them - all other companies try to use features and price to win business but not those two. Thats why personally I'd like to see them see reality for once!
    Trust

Laptop : Dell Inspiron 1545 with Ryzen 5500u, 16gb and 256 NVMe, Windows 11.

Thanks

In my case its the attitude and the blindness.
    Look at the iphone4, other than the decent screen what new stuff did it bring to the field, or is it all 5 eyar old tech in a shiney box....

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

basically what others have said, and the fact it makes my life a living hell....
    a lot of my mates have Apple products, wont shut up and keep thinking its "superior" in everyway to any device or equipment i have for example:

My sansa clip+ is ****e because it doesnt cost a bomb and has expandable storage and is made by SanDisk, its not apple so its said to be crap.

My Htc HD2 is also crap because its on average 5.13% bigger than the iphone 4 yet the screen is 20.32% larger, how does that make it crap? Because the apple wagon said so.

Iphone/ipod limitations apparently dont exist as its blinded users, they dont think the features exist elsewhere like expandable memory and sim cards that can be removed by hand and not by silly paperclips/pins... that made me laugh when my mate asked me if i had a paper clip as he needed to get his sim card out!.

Kudos to Apple for being so successful but IMO its just made the general consumers dickish and ignorant .
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

14. Received thanks from:

watercooled (23-04-2011)

Thanks

The price Apple charges for everything I can think of is unforgivable IMO, yeah Intel's high-end parts are very overpriced but their mainstream stuff is more reasonable. I mean if you want to add a second HDD to a Mac it was something like £300! But I do dislike Intel for the similar reasons, I don't like it when any company bends the truth or misleads people in their advertising and while Intel are bad for this, no-one beats Apple for the complete crap they come out with. Another difference is Intel offers useful products, IMO Apple offers nothing whatsoever that a competitor doesn't do better and for a fraction of the price, hence why I'm not likely to buy anything Apple any time soon. They are a fashion accessory bought through ignorance for a lot of people. And before I get Apple fanboy raged (again), I said some people, and quite possibly most, based on people I know. I have owned an iPod myself, in fact it's still in a cupboard somewhere - it's had all of about 15 minutes use until I got fed up with both it and iTunes which was at the time the worst piece of useless bloatware I'd ever come across, and what's worse is you're forced to use it. Complete waste of money and I'm glad I learned it on something relatively cheap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ferral View Post
    Apple REALLY need to consider what it is doing here, dont antagonise a large supplier or they could put a major spanner in the works.
    Indeed, from a neutral perspective, I wonder if they really thought this through.

Off topic, the monthly "sigh" rant cut short because it's endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks12 View Post
    basically what others have said, and the fact it makes my life a living hell....
    I can empathise with you: fortunately, I've never had my friends brag about how new / awesome their equipments, or bash about how sucky / old my equipments are. It would do my head in. Yet unfortunately I have to put up with the constant Apple bashing in this forum which does my head in.

I mean look at that: http://forums.hexus.net/2070489-post2.html - It's not a one off, that summarises the quality of his typical post (at least in any thread involving Apple - and yes, he does post on them quite often).

Way I see it, you can buy a product from a particular company without being a "fanboy", and you can choose not to buy a product from a particular company without being a "hater". Both are just as bad as one another, but it seems like you keep seeing the former, whereas I keep seeing the later.
    Last edited by TooNice; 23-04-2011 at 03:57 AM.

17. Received thanks from:

Hicks12 (25-04-2011),miniyazz (25-04-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheesemp View Post
    Because apple seem to have an incredible amount of arrogance I've only ever seen in bt otherwise. Both companies seem to treat anyone using other services as idiots not to use them - all other companies try to use features and price to win business but not those two. Thats why personally I'd like to see them see reality for once!
    Where exactly have you seen that attitude?

In my case its the attitude and the blindness.
    Look at the iphone4, other than the decent screen what new stuff did it bring to the field, or is it all 5 eyar old tech in a shiney box....
    Let's try and be realistic here. The processor, ram, GPU, screen, battery and sensors are certainly not 5 year old tech!

a lot of my mates have Apple products, wont shut up and keep thinking its "superior" in everyway to any device or equipment i have for example:
    I think that's a problem with your mates, not Apple.

The price Apple charges for everything I can think of is unforgivable IMO, yeah Intel's high-end parts are very overpriced but their mainstream stuff is more reasonable. I mean if you want to add a second HDD to a Mac it was something like £300! But I do dislike Intel for the similar reasons, I don't like it when any company bends the truth or misleads people in their advertising and while Intel are bad for this, no-one beats Apple for the complete crap they come out with. Another difference is Intel offers useful products, IMO Apple offers nothing whatsoever that a competitor doesn't do better and for a fraction of the price, hence why I'm not likely to buy anything Apple any time soon. They are a fashion accessory bought through ignorance for a lot of people. And before I get Apple fanboy raged (again), I said some people, and quite possibly most, based on people I know. I have owned an iPod myself, in fact it's still in a cupboard somewhere - it's had all of about 15 minutes use until I got fed up with both it and iTunes which was at the time the worst piece of useless bloatware I'd ever come across, and what's worse is you're forced to use it. Complete waste of money and I'm glad I learned it on something relatively cheap.
    This just sounds like sour grapes, for whatever reason. It's perfectly fine for you to not like Apple products, but I'm sure even you can see why many millions do. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they need to be brought down a peg or 20.
    Last edited by mrochester; 23-04-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information