• Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

Re: Previews - ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE previewed

I've stopped checking out motherboard reviews and only glance over CPU reviews, especially ones that are the tick version - The tiny differences between each mobo's performance in benchmarks, not to mention how little it means to the real world user has made me have a serious case of the "meh"s

The combination of Intel's superawesometasticness (if I could copyright that word I would) combined with how little this constant improvement of CPU capabilities matters to the "semi-nerd" (ie. those who use a PC every day and like it to be stonking fast, but know there's a limit and as long as the games piddle all over the console fanbois it's gravy ) means I've stopped giving Intel the love it deserves.

I remember going from my K-2 400 to a Pentium 3...then going to P4..then going to bugger I can't remember my last one I think it was the E6750 ? Each time it was as close to the high end as I could afford and the difference was insane. When it came to picking my current one I went with the 2500 (actually was the 2500k but they were out of stock, Scan still owe me the price difference for that! the buggers)

Each time was max 3 years between upgrades but now, 16 months later, I still don't think I've noticed any slowdown.

We need new gadgets, new insanely complex toys that movies promised us so these CPUs will finally be put to use - the coolest thing I can do is Windows key+tab for task switching..

Registered+
    Thanks

Question Re: Previews - ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE previewed

Hello folk at Hexus,

I have a question(s) relating to these new ASUS boards.

As I'm sure you will be reviewing in full the DELUXE mentioned in this thread in a few weeks, will you be reviewing the regular P8Z77 - V? and also more importantly the P8H77 - V as a comparison.

If so my main question will be, what is the benefit of a P8Z77 - V over a P8H77 - V?

If not why not?

I'm really after performance benefits as I can read a box and see the 2 less USB3's, sata6's etc. I use two radeon 8650's in Xfire. Is the Z77 worth the extra £60 over the H77 for me?

Many thanks, in advance.

Thanks

Re: Previews - ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE previewed

agree with no onboard graphics for the z68 model being silly - that was the idea of the chipset: tie in onboard gpu with overclocking.

the heatsinks look funky.

Thread Information