Thread: In Win shows off open-air H-Frame chassis

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

In Win shows off open-air H-Frame chassis

Like your chassis to be pricey and unusual? Then this one's for you.
    Watch the show..

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Re: In Win shows off open-air H-Frame chassis

Haven't seen anything like this myself either, pretty interesting. Being open air should help a lot thermally. But then it's very prone to dust as well I'd imagine.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

If you have a modern sylish flat/house then it could fit in really well, the design is fantastic. Agreed with the comments about dust though, would require pretty serious maintenance!

Price is also pretty extreme :O I think In-Win are tying to break the stereotype assigned to them of dull, basic cases and we will probably see them trying to break into the lower end of the enthusiast market over the coming years.

Thanks

I quite like it but it's still the same basic 'tower' case design, it's just constructed along one plane instead of 3... and the price is rather high for a few pieces of laser cut (at best) pieces of metal.

Thanks
    • Noxvayl's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigabyteZ87X-UD4H-CF
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengaence LPX + 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Snadisk + 256GB Crucial SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB Sapphire R9 380
      • PSU:
      • ENermax Platimax 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • ATMT + Dell 1024x1280
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre

I wonder if it will come fully assembled or as a flat pack case... I would find building it enjoyable.

As above I won't want to use the case considering the dust, maybe if I lived in a pressurized house eliminating dust altogether but that is highly unlikely.

Seriously casual gamer KeyboardDemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k + Corsair H80 (Refurbed)
      • Memory:
      • 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengence Red (1866mhz) - (Because it looks good in a black mobo)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 SSD 1TB + 2x 500GB Seagate HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 (Warranty replacement for 780Ti SC ACX)
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750 watt SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity (40mbs dl/10mbs ul)

Ok, so the case has no fans included as, being open, it doesn't trap heat, but that also means it would do nothing to dampen the sound of the fans on the HSF, GPU and PSU, and I know about noise, I have a 6990!

I love the way it looks though.

Thanks

What about emc?

Thanks

Lovely looking enclosure, looks great nice to see some innovation going on even if it's not fully practical makes a change from the bog standard cases.
    The only way I can see to defeat the noise problem is either go fully passive or water cooled. But as always with something so unique there will always be downsides.
    I do like the copper/black version

Thanks

soz double post
    Last edited by hudsucker; 08-06-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks

Hmmmmmm "this concept comes from" bit-tech.net/hardware/pcs/2009/10/21/kobalt-daedalus-dream-pc-2009/1 Dream PC entry 2009.......

He's right though, the fact that the gaps are large enough to get a finger through means that the chassis will imediately fail the EU Low Voltage Directive and that means that they won't be able to sell it in Europe.

bobharvey also mentioned EMC, people would be surprised how many electrical products from the Far East manage to bypass EMC conditions. For example, many cheap PSUs pass initial EMC but the manufacturer will then reove half the components to reduce cost when they start the production run.

All PC cases with perspex windows would have issues passing EMC but you can self certify a PC system if all the electronic components installed in that system have their own authentic EMC certificates. Possibly if they sell it as a kit then this would get round the EMC issue but not the LVD issue. Only way to resolve this would be to use mesh or simply change the design. Either way, as it stands, this In Win chassis would definitely fail both EMC anc LVR directives.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hudsucker View Post
    Hmmmmmm "this concept comes from" bit-tech.net/hardware/pcs/2009/10/21/kobalt-daedalus-dream-pc-2009/1 Dream PC entry 2009.......

He's right though, the fact that the gaps are large enough to get a finger through means that the chassis will imediately fail the EU Low Voltage Directive and that means that they won't be able to sell it in Europe.

bobharvey also mentioned EMC, people would be surprised how many electrical products from the Far East manage to bypass EMC conditions. For example, many cheap PSUs pass initial EMC but the manufacturer will then reove half the components to reduce cost when they start the production run.

All PC cases with perspex windows would have issues passing EMC but you can self certify a PC system if all the electronic components installed in that system have their own authentic EMC certificates. Possibly if they sell it as a kit then this would get round the EMC issue but not the LVD issue. Only way to resolve this would be to use mesh or simply change the design. Either way, as it stands, this In Win chassis would definitely fail both EMC anc LVR directives.
    A couple of corrections. The design is definitely not from Kobalt becaise In Win owns the patent for this "slinky" type design. Secodnly, I do not believe EMC and LVR directives issues will affect any of the gaming chassis from selling in EU because these chassis are not sold as complete systems.
    But you pretty much hit it on the head when you mentioned about manufacturer swapping out components in MP.

Technojunkie
    Thanks

Skip to 0:35 1:03 to actually see the case,
    or pics below:

Chrome & Firefox addons for BBC News
    Follow me @twitter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suavewu View Post
    A couple of corrections. The design is definitely not from Kobalt becaise In Win owns the patent for this "slinky" type design. Secodnly, I do not believe EMC and LVR directives issues will affect any of the gaming chassis from selling in EU because these chassis are not sold as complete systems.
    But you pretty much hit it on the head when you mentioned about manufacturer swapping out components in MP.
    Corrections to your corrections:

I'm not going to check the patent database in depth to see if they do hold one for this specific design, however a brief check didn't show anything and anyway that clearly wasn't my point. I was talking about where the concept came from and not who may or may not own the patent. The woman in the video said "this concept comes from", I think it's pretty fair to conclude that it's not an original idea or design that came from In Win as it's been done 3 years ago by Kobalt. Therefore, it's fair to conclude that the "concept" came from Kobalt and not In Win's their internal design team. The point is, it's not an original idea and this was clearly what I was stating.

Secondly, you are correct to a point regarding the EMC and LVD, however technically whether it's sold as a complete PC, with a PSU or simply as a stadalone chassis it still breaks these directives. Further to that, the company selling the chassis would also become liable as an accessory to the breaking of the directive. These arguments are always a little pedantic as the directives work and are enforcable on different levels, a major problem with a lot of European directives. If you want to get really picky, if you purchased this chassis and built a system in it then you actually have to self certify it for it to comply. This is of course something that 99% of people wouldn't bother doing as it's simply not something that people care about (lets be honest prbably rightly so as we have more important things to worry about) but it would actually leave you liable if the PC caused you, your property or a third party (such as a friends child) for any damage/injury caused.

One thing we can say with 100% confirmation is that the chassis would fail the General Product Safety Directive and this would specifically stop the chassis being sold (if enforced) as just a chassis with no components installed.

Thread Information