Thread: News - Google Nexus 7 (16GB) is now back in stock

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Google Nexus 7 (16GB) is now back in stock

Some nice accessories are on their way too!
    Read more.

Thanks
    • mark22's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock Z68 extreme4
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500k @4.6GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB GSkill PC16000
      • Storage:
      • Crucial C300
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus 6950 oc
      • PSU:
      • Antec truepower
      • Case:
      • Antec 902
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq 24" LED

Re: News - Google Nexus 7 (16GB) is now back in stock

Might have to get one of these in a month or two (my galaxy s3 is still a bit new to be overshadowed quite yet).

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

I would recomend people do NOT buy from the google store, get one from ebuyer, currys, tesco, pcworld... anywhere really! Customer support from the playstore is atrocious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Customer support from the playstore is atrocious.
    I think they have had a number of teething issues as this is the first time Google have sold courier deliverable goods via their play store in the UK.

Hopefully they have been resolved now, but always best to shop around anyway to get a deal.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

well thats good, because my 16gb has just stopped working....

Figured it would need a charge, left it for 8 hours, its dark now and I can see the backlight is on, but no one is at home. Queue "reset nexus 7" google searches *sigh*.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks

They look good. I will be buying a case when they are available.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saltyzip View Post
    I think they have had a number of teething issues as this is the first time Google have sold courier deliverable goods via their play store in the UK.

Hopefully they have been resolved now, but always best to shop around anyway to get a deal.
    Teething issues? I think that's a very diplomatic way of describing Googles total lack of service or concern from Google?

Here's how my pre-order experience have gone so far:

TNT didn't manage to show up when I was home and wasn't ALLOWED to deliver to the neighbour by orders from Google (although the package my misses via TNT the same day was dropped off just fine of course); TNT failed to bring out the package when I arranged for redelivery (5 days after the initial drop-off) and only other option would have been a Saturday delivery, which turned out to be a no-go due to the Olympics (yes, I am located smack in the middle of London .. "yay").

Had no option but refuse delivery, and request a refund....and have so far heard NOTHING!
    Over the course of the last week I have used the google wallet email form 5 times and not received ANY response - no acknowledgement of my refund request AT ALL; I have tried the phone number on top of the order page twice and gotten a fax/modem (+353 (1) 436 1001).

Had I NOT pre-ordered I could have gotten the device 2 weeks ago from a high street outlet and saved shipping on top of that, but instead I chose to believe that "pre-order" meant that Google would prioritize their core customers/prime technology movers and make sure they would get it before "store customers", but instead all I - and a lot of other pre-order customers - got was a big "Bend over, boy"...because the only thing I've gotten from Google so far is buggered.

I would have expected A LOT better service from a company like Google, but when (if?) I ever get my £209 back, I guess they've thoroughly proven to me that I'll be better off with an iPad - by that time the 7" iPad will be on the market anyway.

Take the chance and order directly from them - but hope and pray nothing goes wrong, because Google have clearly proven that they don't give a flying f**k about their customers.

Thanks
    • mark22's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock Z68 extreme4
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500k @4.6GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB GSkill PC16000
      • Storage:
      • Crucial C300
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus 6950 oc
      • PSU:
      • Antec truepower
      • Case:
      • Antec 902
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq 24" LED

Quote Originally Posted by Mox_Uk View Post
    Teething issues? I think that's a very diplomatic way of describing Googles total lack of service or concern from Google?

TNT didn't manage to show up when I was home and wasn't ALLOWED to deliver to the neighbour by orders from Google (although the package my misses via TNT the same day was dropped off just fine of course); TNT failed to bring out the package when I arranged for redelivery (5 days after the initial drop-off) and only other option would have been a Saturday delivery, which turned out to be a no-go due to the Olympics (yes, I am located smack in the middle of London .. "yay").

Had no option but refuse delivery, and request a refund....and have so far heard NOTHING!
    Over the course of the last week I have used the google wallet email form 5 times and not received ANY response - no acknowledgement of my refund request AT ALL; I have tried the phone number on top of the order page twice and gotten a fax/modem (+353 (1) 436 1001).

Had I NOT pre-ordered I could have gotten the device 2 weeks ago from a high street outlet and saved shipping on top of that, but instead I chose to believe that "pre-order" meant that Google would prioritize their core customers/prime technology movers and make sure they would get it before "store customers", but instead all I - and a lot of other pre-order customers - got was a big "Bend over, boy"...because the only thing I've gotten from Google so far is buggered.

I would have expected A LOT better service from a company like Google, but when (if?) I ever get my £209 back, I guess they've thoroughly proven to me that I'll be better off with an iPad - by that time the 7" iPad will be on the market anyway.

Take the chance and order directly from them - but hope and pray nothing goes wrong, because Google have clearly proven that they don't give a flying f**k about their customers.
    Rather that than Apple

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

You need to contact them using the details on the playstore

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    You need to contact them using the details on the playstore
    Those are exactly the ones I've used...
    The phone number provided there as well as their own email form - and still no reply!

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Those are exactly the ones I've used...
    The phone number provided there as well as their own email form - and still no reply!
    Oh man that really does suck then

Lesson learned from that one!

Registered+
    Thanks

this is the sweet spot for tablets in terms of size and price which will appeal to far more than the ipad and other 10inch android tablets in my view, just a shame they didn't include 2 more things - microSD slot and HDMI out. I'm holding off hoping they introduce these features as it seems they have been picked up by most of the reviews as the biggest failures.

Thanks
    • Smudger's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gbyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX8320 Black Edition
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 2x8G CML16GX3M2A1600C10
      • Storage:
      • 1x240Gb Corsair M500, 2TB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD4890 1GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Akasa Zen
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 200Mbit

As the Nexuses are usually the vanilla android releases, and don't usually have uSD, I would expect a raft of 4.1 tablets from other manufacturers with those features added in...

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    As the Nexuses are usually the vanilla android releases, and don't usually have uSD, I would expect a raft of 4.1 tablets from other manufacturers with those features added in...
    I think they will struggle to sell them with similar specs @ a similar price though as from what people have been saying about the Nexuses is that Asus aren't making a great from it and it's more about building the brand

Thread Information