Thread: News - Six minutes of the Watch Dogs game on a PC equivalent to PS4

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Six minutes of the Watch Dogs game on a PC equivalent to PS4

Game is like a high-tech GTA with stealth, hacking, guns and car chases.
    Read more.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: News - Six minutes of the Watch Dogs game on a PC equivalent to PS4

It's not really shocking that a 'next gen' console won't offer substantially greater graphics now is it? I mean a graphics card from 5 years ago doesn't really offer substantially worse graphics than one of today.

Back in '95, going from virtually no polygons, to a very few on my 16mb Voodoo2 was amazing, night and day difference! Nowadays doubling the number of polygons has very little effect, because we've hit a point of diminishing returns.

This is why I think Sony have gone for a low price point for the PS4, they have too! Last time they charged a premium because it could play blurays, now their only hope is to be a better 'media device'. If they are smart they would support music streaming and video streaming subscription services out of the box, its sony however, so they won't.

Microsoft will be heavily pushing this with their new xbox, making the device really the center hub, the important part of the TV, and boy howdy will they cram netflix and xbox music down your throat.

Hopefully this means sony will have just paid attention to getting a lot of great titles ready for launch. But I doubt it, as this game isn't going to be a ps4 exclusive is it?
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Registered+
    Thanks

[QUOTE=TheAnimus;8430]Back in '95, going from virtually no polygons, to a very few on my 16mb Voodoo2 was amazing, night and day difference! Nowadays doubling the number of polygons has very little effect, because we've hit a point of diminishing returns./QUOTE]

Totally agree! People seem to get so hyped up about graphics, especially the console crowd. But what I wanted to say was that this gameplay footage can't be nearly good as a PC because it's running on 720p. And let's be honest a lot of console players have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to hardware. Like 8GB of GDDr5 is supposed to push graphics more than the GPU itself XD, not to say it wont help.

Thanks
    • george1979's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7P55D-Pro
      • CPU:
      • i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb Kingston Hyper X
      • Storage:
      • 128Gb Crucial M4 + 1Tb Samsung F3 + 1Tb WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX570 Twin Frozer 2
      • PSU:
      • 700W Coolermaster Silent M Pro
      • Case:
      • CM 690 II Advanced
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2222HDL & Dell 2312HM
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet

I wonder if the game will have elements of realism and survival where you have to find a power point several times a day due to using your smartphone to hack things so often

Thanks

I feel ironically that PC has won the games platform wars, why you might ask?

Because the PS4 according to design details IS a PC with a few motherboard tweaks and I'm willing to bet that the new XBOX is no different.

I've never really liked them since I got a PC mainly due to the control methods and now these days due to the lack of high resolution. I've never really enjoyed up scaling as way around this lacking of power.

I wonder if they will finally make the transition to 1080p for this generations games.

Thanks
    • AGTDenton's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5950x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair something or the other
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB nvme, 1x 2TB nvme, 2x 8TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS 3080 Ti TuF
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850x
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Torrent White
      • Operating System:
      • 11 Pro x64
      • Internet:
      • Fibre

Must admit the engine / detail doesn't look that advanced to me, the characters still have a squared feel about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
    I wonder if they will finally make the transition to 1080p for this generations games.
    PS4 is going to have 4k support so will surpass 1080p - however you can bet in true Sony rip off fashion it wont be for all games, mainly TV/Bluray viewing. Whether xBox will include 4K will be revealed tomorrow. I personally think they won't just so that they can keep the price lower than PS4.
    Last edited by AGTDenton; 20-05-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AGTDenton View Post
    PS4 is going to have 4k support so will surpass 1080p - however you can bet in true Sony rip off fashion it wont be for all games, mainly TV/Bluray viewing. Whether xBox will include 4K will be revealed tomorrow. I personally think they won't just so that they can keep the price lower than PS4.
    Hasn't it been stated that the PS4 will not be able to play games in 4k? It will only support pictures and maybe movies in 4k.

Thread Information