Thread: News - Nvidia announces Ubisoft 'Pick Your Path' games bundle

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Nvidia announces Ubisoft 'Pick Your Path' games bundle

Offers choice of The Crew, Far Cry 4 or Assassin's Creed Unity with qualifying GPUs.
    Read more.

spl
    Thanks

Re: News - Nvidia announces Ubisoft 'Pick Your Path' games bundle

Nice! I wonder if you'll have to choose which game when you buy the card or if you get a code that lets you pick a game when you redeem it? The latter may be trickier to sell since it isn't one specific game.

Seriously casual gamer KeyboardDemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k + Corsair H80 (Refurbed)
      • Memory:
      • 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengence Red (1866mhz) - (Because it looks good in a black mobo)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 SSD 1TB + 2x 500GB Seagate HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 (Warranty replacement for 780Ti SC ACX)
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750 watt SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity (40mbs dl/10mbs ul)

Usually you would get a code that you can trade in for your choice of change when you register the card. IIRC.

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Pick my path, with Ubisoft??!!

If that's the case, I'll bugger off and choose an AMD card, then!!

spl
    Thanks

Thanks KeyboardDemon. Been a while since I bought a graphics card (EVGA GTX670 FTW last summer) and I think I got a printed code on a little card in the box, but that was for a specific game.

Ttaskmaster, yeah these are major titles but they don't appeal much to me either, except The Crew looks like it might be a hell of a lot of fun (though I'll likely already have it and have logged many hours on it by the time I buy my new card).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spl View Post
    Thanks KeyboardDemon. Been a while since I bought a graphics card (EVGA GTX670 FTW last summer) and I think I got a printed code on a little card in the box, but that was for a specific game.

Ttaskmaster, yeah these are major titles but they don't appeal much to me either, except The Crew looks like it might be a hell of a lot of fun (though I'll likely already have it and have logged many hours on it by the time I buy my new card).
    The Crew is very good, as much as I could play in the betas. I spent a lot of time just plotting a course and driving across the map, which is very enjoyable in itself. It's got quite a simplistic, arcadey look in some ways, but it's very sophisticated in others. The way the light, the landscape and the vegetation changes between regions is really beautifully done (plus I think it even introduced film grain in the sandy parts of the south west states?).

Anyway, you're right. It's the least demanding of the games listed, and your 670 will do well with it - no need for any upgrade there. Unity is the one I'm looking forward to the most, though. Lots of people seem to think it'll work fine on sub-680 cards, but then again that video looks pretty crazy. I don't think I've bought a more graphically demanding game before, based on what I see there. I have a 4GB 770, but I think even that is going to be tested pretty hard.

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Finally a choice from nVidia! (Even if they are all UBI games!)

Have they been reading the AMD thread I wonder?
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Registered+
    Thanks
    • someru's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
      • Memory:
      • G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
      • Storage:
      • Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
      • Case:
      • Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate

After all the stupid decisions Ubisoft have made recently I'd rather just buy the gpu without their bundle and in my opinion a lot of people should do the same. Don't show support to companies who take advantage of you.

spl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otherhand View Post
    The Crew is very good, as much as I could play in the betas. I spent a lot of time just plotting a course and driving across the map, which is very enjoyable in itself. It's got quite a simplistic, arcadey look in some ways, but it's very sophisticated in others. The way the light, the landscape and the vegetation changes between regions is really beautifully done (plus I think it even introduced film grain in the sandy parts of the south west states?).

Anyway, you're right. It's the least demanding of the games listed, and your 670 will do well with it - no need for any upgrade there. Unity is the one I'm looking forward to the most, though. Lots of people seem to think it'll work fine on sub-680 cards, but then again that video looks pretty crazy. I don't think I've bought a more graphically demanding game before, based on what I see there. I have a 4GB 770, but I think even that is going to be tested pretty hard.
    Yeah it's nice to see a game with more reasonable requirements :-) That said, I have no problem at all with steep requirements if it's justified (something like Crysis) and I will be getting a GTX970 soon anyway. I'd have gone with the GTX770 too last summer had it been 4GB as standard, but it was a hefty price premium for that extra memory and I got a good deal on the GTX670, so went with that.

I actually hate film grain effect but presumably you can disable that? I can certainly appreciate eye candy though so look forward to seeing it in action :-) How would you say it compares to Need for Speed Rivals in that regard (assuming you've played it)? Also, how is it for rubber-banding AI? That's one thing I absolutely detest in racing games. I'll tolerate it in kart racers like Mario Kart or Sonic All-Stars Racing, but only because the mechanism used (item pickups) is transparent (and fun :-D).

Thanks

Sweet, just ordered my MSI 970 twin frozr V today. Hope registering that gets me a code

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spl View Post
    Yeah it's nice to see a game with more reasonable requirements :-) That said, I have no problem at all with steep requirements if it's justified (something like Crysis) and I will be getting a GTX970 soon anyway. I'd have gone with the GTX770 too last summer had it been 4GB as standard, but it was a hefty price premium for that extra memory and I got a good deal on the GTX670, so went with that.

I actually hate film grain effect but presumably you can disable that? I can certainly appreciate eye candy though so look forward to seeing it in action :-) How would you say it compares to Need for Speed Rivals in that regard (assuming you've played it)? Also, how is it for rubber-banding AI? That's one thing I absolutely detest in racing games. I'll tolerate it in kart racers like Mario Kart or Sonic All-Stars Racing, but only because the mechanism used (item pickups) is transparent (and fun :-D).
    Well, I call it "film grain", but I might even be wrong about what it was. It looked like it was either an effect to simulate classic movies, or perhaps an environmental effect based on a genuine observation of the way the air looks there, or the presence of fine dust. It was certainly nothing like the grain effects in GTA IV: Lost & Damned: much more subtle and pleasant. I only noticed it in this one region, so if it makes it into the Gold version then the only option will probably be "Don't go there"

I was lucky with my 770 - got it very cheaply as an item that had been opened in the shop but not used. Part of me wishes I'd had the self-control to wait for the 970 of course, but it's still a very nice card!

Thanks
    • MUZIC FR3AK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X99S SLI PLUS
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-5820K
      • Memory:
      • HyperX Predator 16GB (4x4GB) 2133mhz
      • Storage:
      • OS - Intel SSD 120GB | Games - Samsung EVO SSD 240GB | Media - 2x Seagate HDD 500GB Raid 1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970 Strix OC | ASUS GTX 660 DCII
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX860i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 750D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster P2570

What if I bought my GPU like less than a month ago? no code?

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Deftee's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Formula V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 3770K (@Stock for the time being)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (1866)
      • Storage:
      • 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 + 1TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970 4G
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone FT02 BR-W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG23AH + BenQ XL2420T
      • Internet:
      • 100MB~ Virgin Media

In the same boat as MUZIC, does anyone know if there's any love for early adopters?

spl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Otherhand View Post
    Well, I call it "film grain", but I might even be wrong about what it was. It looked like it was either an effect to simulate classic movies, or perhaps an environmental effect based on a genuine observation of the way the air looks there, or the presence of fine dust. It was certainly nothing like the grain effects in GTA IV: Lost & Damned: much more subtle and pleasant. I only noticed it in this one region, so if it makes it into the Gold version then the only option will probably be "Don't go there"

I was lucky with my 770 - got it very cheaply as an item that had been opened in the shop but not used. Part of me wishes I'd had the self-control to wait for the 970 of course, but it's still a very nice card!
    It certainly is! Was that Ebuyer? Well I guess where I'd draw the line is any effect designed to make the game look like a flawed medium or where things are 'artistically' distorted to reflect the protagonist's state of mind or some other nonsense. Anything based on reality though (heat shimmer for example) I'm all for :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MUZIC FR3AK View Post
    What if I bought my GPU like less than a month ago? no code?
    Depends where you bought it.

Scan UK will not back date sadly. I regret purchasing from them under 30days ago, while other retailers are back dating.
    Last edited by tekmon; 04-12-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Thread Information