Thread: Aorus X9

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Aorus X9

Bigger and more powerful than the award-winning X7, but not necessarily better.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • EvilCycle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO
      • CPU:
      • Intel I7 7700K (OC to 4.8GHz on Corsair H100i V2)
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe SSD, Samsung 840 evo 120GB SSD + 2 x 500GB 72000rpm HDD's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 XTREME
      • PSU:
      • DEEPCOOL DQ 750st
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1440p 60hz AOC q2778vqe
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 380Mb (Fibre Optic)

Re: Aorus X9

I know Gigabyte are a well respected brand and everything, but their Aorus line products always come across as a try hard attempt to compete with ROG, except for me their designs look a lot cheaper than the hardware actually is. If I knew nothing at all about computers I would literally think Aurous is a Chinese knock off version of ROG, and that's not cool, especially as I know for a fact they are anything but. This is obviously all personal taste and I am sure there are people that think these things look beautiful otherwise they wouldn't sell, but I really don't.
    Last edited by EvilCycle; 19-10-2017 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Typing errors

Thanks

you have absolutely right

you have absolutely right

Thanks

Far from a Chinese knock off. I would've say ROG is more like a plastic'y toy with go-faster red striped highlights.

Thanks

An impressive machine, far from any knock-off. Sadly ROG's are more like desperately high priced plasticy toys (with go faster red stripe highlights) though I wish it were not true having considered a model version previously but realised it would've not been a wise buy.

Giving this X9 serious consideration having owned an X7 Pro V3 CF1 and an X7 DT V7 CF1 after that. Both had exceptional reliability, yes the fans did go loud which don't concern me as I use headphones most of the time, or have game volume louder than fans on display. Truth be known I am disappointed that they didn't fit the X9 with 1080 SLI as 1070 is a little disappointing especially for non or poorly optimized games. In such scenarios one would have to disable SLI reverting to one 1070 card and then suddenly you have the latest flagship Aorus laptop that is less powerful than the older X7 DT V7 model with a 1080 card. Aorus could've easily got away with beefing up the chassis a little to accommodate better cooling and along with it's mostly metal build quality enclosure, it would've still looked better than the plastic bricks out there already with 1080 SLI (MSI GT83VR 7RF, SAGER, Asus ROG, etc). A missed opportunity and almost a mistake perhaps.

Despite this I'm still considering getting an Aorus X9, but I need to know to what degree, or at what level the micro-stuttering and frame-times are (acceptable or not). Naturally this will vary from game to game, system to system and how good the built in SLI Bridge is, i.e. High quality, high band-width SLI Bridge or just a lower spec'd stock version.

Thread Information