Thread: AMD CEO shares key decisions behind company renaissance

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

AMD CEO shares key decisions behind company renaissance

During 4 years, under the stewardship of Dr Lisa Su, AMD shares have risen tenfold.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Re: AMD CEO shares key decisions behind company renaissance

"She replied that AMD's strategic roadmap doesn't rely on competitors not doing well. "

That is exactly right. Exactly. Spot on quote. Do what youve got planned and by all means watch the opposition, but do what's right for you and not what's wrong for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zak33 View Post
    "She replied that AMD's strategic roadmap doesn't rely on competitors not doing well. "

That is exactly right. Exactly. Spot on quote. Do what youve got planned and by all means watch the opposition, but do what's right for you and not what's wrong for them.
    Exactly, I think she's done an amazing job, she secured my current build by nearly matching intel on single thread perf and blowing then away in multi thread and value, that's impressive work since excavator! Whatever you think of AMDs products their CEO deserves an award for what she's done. And unlike most CEOs I actually think she knows what she's talking about when she does the videos on the product, I'm not sure Jeff bezos had ever actually ordered anything online himself!

Thanks
    • ultrasbm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS TUF
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 5800x
      • Memory:
      • 64Gb DDR4-3600
      • Storage:
      • 1Tb WD Black PCIe NVMe SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia RTX3090 FE
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 800watt
      • Case:
      • IN WIN 909
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Enterprise x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell 32" Curved 1440p
      • Internet:
      • 540Mbps Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by EN1R0PY View Post
    ... I'm not sure Jeff bezos had ever actually ordered anything online himself!
    He has Alexa to do that for him

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Zak33 View Post

In fairness though, if you're the underdog, by definition, you can't rely on competitors not doing well, since you're the one not doing well. Intel and nVidia has been able to rely on competitors not doing well because they haven't been for the better part of 10 years. Now, let's hope that AMD can mirror the CPU bounce back in the GPU arena with the upcoming 7nm parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Thanks

Did they ask her why AMD has sucked harder than an overpriced hooker for the past 15 years? Doing scummy things like half-cores and then calling them full logical cores. Having terrible general performance. Having poor $ to performance ratios. And now their just repeated disasters with GPUs...

Seems like the only reason AMD is keeping their head above water is because they make APUs for bunches of stuff including the console vendors (who will probably steer away with next gen due to performance). And they make that line of super high end thousand dollar CPUs that people love OCing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaMoot View Post
    Did they ask her why AMD has sucked harder than an overpriced hooker for the past 15 years?
    This coming from a former hardcore fanboy of AMD. My first 3 computers since 1998 I built with AMD; K6-2, Athlon, Duron. Was so sad to see them slide into the gutter and wallow there.

Thanks

Did they ask her why AMD has sucked harder than an overpriced hooker for the past 15 years? Doing scummy things like half-cores and then calling them full logical cores. Having terrible general performance. Having poor $ to performance ratios. And now their just repeated disasters with GPUs...

Seems like the only reason AMD is keeping their head above water is because they make APUs for bunches of stuff including the console vendors (who will probably steer away with next gen due to performance). And they make that line of super high end thousand dollar CPUs that people love OCing.
    This coming from a former hardcore fanboy of AMD. My first 3 computers since 1998 I built with AMD; K6-2, Athlon, Duron. Was so sad to see them slide into the gutter and wallow there.
    So the last 2 years have been a complete waste of time? The purpose of this interview was to discuss with Lisa how she has drawn AMD back from its deathbed. If you can't even perceive any of that then it's not worth your time even asking those questions.

Thanks
    • persimmon's system
      • CPU:
      • n3455 8600k
      • Memory:
      • 8gb 16gb
      • Storage:
      • 12tb 2.5tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • uhd500 gtx1070
      • PSU:
      • DC 750w thorium

ONE OF THOSE DECisions was to not go hard on GPU's in 2018 ...saddest thing is that I didnt buy any shares @$3 ...This will really stand her in Good stead if/when she leaves. they should be competitive when their new GPU parts come out. I dunno whether crypto saved them, or at least threw them a great big bunch of unexpected $$$

Thread Information