Thread: Nvidia launches next gen Shield TV devices

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Nvidia launches next gen Shield TV devices

Previously thoroughly leaked Tegra X1+ powered Shield TV and Shield TV Pro go official.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • Gentle Viking's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus extreme X399
      • CPU:
      • TR 1920 X
      • Memory:
      • G Skill 64GB ( 8 X 8 ) PC3600 @ 3400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung evo 500GB nvme - 256GB Kingston SSD - 4TB spinning disk
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 5700 XT red devil
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850I
      • Case:
      • Working on it, done summer 2020
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 Ulti
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" iiyama GB2788HS
      • Internet:
      • docis 3.1 cable 1000/100 mbit

Re: Nvidia launches next gen Shield TV devices

Well nice, but i do hope that that Google spy can be turned off, otherwise the product are 100% of no interest to me.
    Then again probably not much free TV on that thing, and i cant fine ant streaming service worth paying for / having content i would pay for.

Thanks

25% after years of the same device...LOL. Wake me when you put FOUR of those socs in it or something that is ~100-165w. Until then why the heck would I buy a gamepad for a device that can't play the coming games? Meanwhile even crappy consoles are advertising 5x per improvement from previous gens. You advertised 1/4 more perf...ROFL. That would be OK if you were doing QUARTERLY models, not every few years. At worst you should have plopped down 2 socs for each unit.

NO SALE. Useless. Expensive roku.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    25% after years of the same device...LOL. Wake me when you put FOUR of those socs in it or something that is ~100-165w. Until then why the heck would I buy a gamepad for a device that can't play the coming games? Meanwhile even crappy consoles are advertising 5x per improvement from previous gens. You advertised 1/4 more perf...ROFL. That would be OK if you were doing QUARTERLY models, not every few years. At worst you should have plopped down 2 socs for each unit.

Huh ? It's primarily an android box, not a games console.
    Yes it can stream games with GEforce or from your PC direct on your network but it's still not a games console.

Did you post on the wrong story maybe ?

Thanks
    • blokeinkent's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 9700KF s1151 3.6/4.9GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB PRO SL PC4-25600 (3200)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 2TB 970 Evo Plus NVME + 860 Evo + 250GB 750 Evo SSD + 4x WD 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX 760
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S2 (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB281HK 4K
      • Internet:
      • Virmin M50 Fibre

25% of the already incumbent leading SoC in it's market is nothing to be sniffed at. It's not really marketed as a proper console and yet has the same SoC as the new Nintendo Switch and Lite. What do you want? A console? Then go buy a console, excluding Switch as its obviously not powerful enough

Of all the Android boxes I've bought over the years nothing comes close to the Shield, and not surprising considering it's price. For it's primary use for me as a front end for IPTV and media shares it's perfect and still has the versatility to play Android games (for whatever reason), streamed Geforce thing (forget what it's called) or games off of my PC with components twice the cost and quality of a teenagers console.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blokeinkent View Post

25% of the already incumbent leading SoC in it's market is nothing to be sniffed at. It's not really marketed as a proper console and yet has the same SoC as the new Nintendo Switch and Lite. What do you want? A console? Then go buy a console, excluding Switch as its obviously not powerful enough

Of all the Android boxes I've bought over the years nothing comes close to the Shield, and not surprising considering it's price. For it's primary use for me as a front end for IPTV and media shares it's perfect and still has the versatility to play Android games (for whatever reason), streamed Geforce thing (forget what it's called) or games off of my PC with components twice the cost and quality of a teenagers console.
    They made tegrazone, then dumped all their work basically when they lost the phone. They should have been building games on their platform and grew the userbase over that time. So when they could get back into mobile (with someone else's die shrunk modem), they'd have a gaming reason for people to do it (android!). I want an android box built like a console/pc with all the trimmings, so maybe one day, I won't need Wintel for the same crap. It was a gaming machine from day one. They just didn't put up the 100mil a year for 25 exclusives like everyone else does (microsoft a Billion for xbox1 launch, etc.). If you don't get gaming, you won't get the gamers, and unit sales will suck just like roku's. You'll never get people to right for them without 10mil sold.

Any 7nm flagship chip can beat this handily, so no, not an upgrade at 25%. Pathetic is more like it. Maybe 2 socs, would have worked. I'll buy when they hit 150w+ box. Until then, HTPC now. Tired of boxes that can't do this or that. Who needs a 1/2 dozen boxes to get these jobs done...ROFL FAIL. One to rule them all people. That is the required product, now make it.

don't stock motherhoods
    Thanks
    • Millennium's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X470 Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD 3600x @ 3.85 with Turbo
      • Memory:
      • 4*G-Skill Samsung B 3200 14T 1T
      • Storage:
      • WD850 and OEM961 1TB, 1.5TB SSD SATA, 4TB Storage, Ext.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3070 FE HHR NVidia (Mining Over)
      • PSU:
      • ToughPouwer 1kw (thinking of an upgrade to 600w)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 101 Home 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HiSense 55" TV 4k 8bit BT709 18:10
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone 12 / month, high contentions weekends 2, phone backup.

That might well be gen 5 knowing Nvidia. They like to look like the 'sensible choice'.
    hexus trust : n(baby):n(lover):n(sky)|>P(Name)>>nopes

Be Careful on the Internet! I ran and tackled a drive by mining attack today. It's not designed to do anything than provide fake texts (say!)

Thread Information