Thread: No Windows 10X or dual screen devices this year says insider

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

No Windows 10X or dual screen devices this year says insider

That means no Microsoft Surface Neo or Surface Duo until 2021.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: No Windows 10X or dual screen devices this year says insider

Coming soon: win11? Please for the love of god kill win10 and the whole short cycle OS crap idea also

FIX your current versions and put off all others until you can go a month without a patch causing more issues than it fixes. How many broken versions can you have at once while announcing others?

Jeez linux, get your butts in gear! I've been waiting for a decade to dump windows. WTH? They've given you five years to come up with ANYTHING to compete but you can't seem to get games or apps (not server related) that will cause a shift finally. They are literally putting out an OS that causes people to QUIT pc's! Many of my parents friends have simply went to mobile, it is that bad. Radically re-designing your OS is dumb if all it does is slow us down and piss us off. Firefox, same story.

We need a new OS and browser from NEW players. I heck just bring back some old stuff with patches as that is all that was needed. You don't need a new OS for vulkan, so you don't need one for DX12 (MS just want you on win10). No devs should use it. Kill it, and maybe we kill windows one day.

Long member
    Thanks
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    Coming soon: win11? Please for the love of god kill win10 and the whole short cycle OS crap idea also

FIX your current versions and put off all others until you can go a month without a patch causing more issues than it fixes. How many broken versions can you have at once while announcing others?

Jeez linux, get your butts in gear! ....
    .... We need a new OS and browser from NEW players. I heck just bring back some old stuff with patches as that is all that was needed. You don't need a new OS for vulkan, so you don't need one for DX12 (MS just want you on win10). No devs should use it. Kill it, and maybe we kill windows one day.
    A friend of mine was whinging about the fact that he was playing with Linux again and how still, after all these years, anything meaningful has to be done using the command line.

I tried and ditched Linux a long time ago after trying it and finding it felt like you were required to learn to code. I'd have no problem with all this stuff if I were using it day to day and would remember it but, I don't and can't be bothered looking stuff up left right and centre whenever I need to do anything for which there isn't a GUI button.

Thanks

To be honest, I'd rather MS delay the neo and get it 'right' than try and rush it.

It's pretty obvious that anything due to be released this year, especially large scale software, is going to be difficult to work on at the same rate as before etc.

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

Jeez linux, get your butts in gear! I've been waiting for a decade to dump windows. WTH? They've given you five years to come up with ANYTHING to compete but you can't seem to get games or apps (not server related) that will cause a shift finally. They are literally putting out an OS that causes people to QUIT pc's! Many of my parents friends have simply went to mobile, it is that bad. Radically re-designing your OS is dumb if all it does is slow us down and piss us off. Firefox, same story.

We need a new OS and browser from NEW players. I heck just bring back some old stuff with patches as that is all that was needed. You don't need a new OS for vulkan, so you don't need one for DX12 (MS just want you on win10). No devs should use it. Kill it, and maybe we kill windows one day.
    Turn off auto updates, run updates a month behind when they're released. I've been doing this since win10 came out, so I never get caught out by updates that bork things.

Thanks

Not bitter and twisted at all
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Thanks

So after Windows phones flopped they're taking another stab with foldable PC's, should be interesting to see if the general public buy into foldable's, I'm doubtful but then I was a bit surprised that Windows phone and Surface devices weren't more popular as from what i understand they're relatively good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corky34 View Post
    So after Windows phones flopped they're taking another stab with foldable PC's, should be interesting to see if the general public buy into foldable's, I'm doubtful but then I was a bit surprised that Windows phone and Surface devices weren't more popular as from what i understand they're relatively good.
    Windows phone was simply short on apps....
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Thanks
    • lodore's system
      • Motherboard:
      • X570 AORUS MASTER
      • CPU:
      • Amd Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 2666 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Gigabyte AORUS 7000s SSD and sandisk 1tb sata 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080TI 11gb
      • PSU:
      • Ion+ 860W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 4000D AIRFLOW
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 34inch ultra wide quad HD 144hz and 24inch asus HD
      • Internet:
      • 80Mbps Zen

I have only had one issue with patching and have used windows 10 since 2015. I normally update on day one of the twice a year release cycle.

For anyone with problems do you keep drivers and applications up to date as well as the operating system?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corky34 View Post
    So after Windows phones flopped
    It basically flopped due to lack of 'key apps' that the 'social butterflies' of today's youth can't live without... that and the bloke in charge at the time wasn't exactly 'forward thinking'

From a 'business user' standpoint it was pretty good, arguably best out there if you lived in the MS ecosystem.

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Quote Originally Posted by lodore View Post
    I have only had one issue with patching and have used windows 10 since 2015. I normally update on day one of the twice a year release cycle.

For anyone with problems do you keep drivers and applications up to date as well as the operating system?
    I've tried to keep OS feature updates as delayed as possible (60/90 days IIRc) although some MS games do require newer OS every now and again.

I've actually had more issues with Nvidia drivers through W10s life time than anything else.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thread Information