Thread: Intel heralds universal cable connectivity with Thunderbolt 4

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Intel heralds universal cable connectivity with Thunderbolt 4

Upcoming Intel Tiger Lake processors will be first to integrate the standard.
    Read more.

chj
    Thanks
    • chj's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6X58D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel I7 950
      • Memory:
      • 12GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • SATA SSD/HDD combo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA GTX 780Ti

Re: Intel heralds universal cable connectivity with Thunderbolt 4

The table is a little misleading, since there's going to be a 40Gb/s USB4 standard (USB4 Gen 3×2). I love the USB-IF's naming schemes.
    Last edited by chj; 09-07-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks

TB4 is completely misleading, it is realistically just TB3 with tighter minimum speeds so they can "rubber stamp" and continue to make money off the branding. USB4 has the same capabilities but a lower minimum specification for transfers.

Intels marketing is so gnarly and dirty.

Thanks

Good - let's have better support on desktops though, especially NUC type devices (eg to allow them to accept power over thunderbolt).

Thanks

Dunno we need standards set by world wide laws... both on CPU/GPU/Plug 'n play/connectors and whatever else more... because no one is going to keep on paying maximum for a feature that probably never really am going to be used anyway.

Forced standards is a requirement today.. instead of then this did that and vice versa... and now we can do this... but nuh uhhh... the competitor can not have this for the next 5 years... an us consumers having to be in the middle not knowing if we should feel forced to for an instance get a gsynch monitor, freesynch or adaptive synch one... haha someone should tell them monitor manufactorers to provide both... they could all sell much much more if they can agree on some standards and it would benefit the customers as well with quality products that does not cost an arm and a leg.... and thus be able to sell more and grand a better growth in each company... make happy shareholders... give competion to the consoles in a wider scale... I remember when a good GFX card was inside the affordable range for even the lower budget, and was mostly due to that people could go more with actual standards back in the day... should I mention a brand like 3Dfx Voodoo I and II paired with eg. a Matrox G200? or similar? We yet have to have a proper GFX card at a Normal price that can run 4K any game in ultra at 85FPS min still... so overall the industri no matter what fancy name they put out there is litterally a joke a big joke... and the consumer is stuck in between... it is like when Turbo became a thing.. they put turbo on everything.... sun glasses shirts... drinks...

Thread Information