Thread: Scan 3XS RTX Studio Pro T1128T

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Scan 3XS RTX Studio Pro T1128T

Threadripper meets Titan in an £11k powerhouse.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Scan 3XS RTX Studio Pro T1128T

For that dosh, I'd expect some tidier power cable management - just look at that messy bundle going into the GPU.

Thanks
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz ECC
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Linux, 2TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 39 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Iiyama 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Zen 900Mb/900Mb (CityFibre FttP)

The reflections of the monitor cables and stand in the first picture are unfortunate.

Thanks

Overpriced imo but then I suppose they've got to pay for Next-gen GPU Upgrade Program somehow....

If I'm being honest there doesn't look like 11K worth of kit there, even though I know it's got a threadripper etc....

And LOL at "Bottom line: Scan's decision to put forth an £11k RTX Studio workstation is testament to the tremendous popularity of online influencers"... IMO it's more to do with a lot of pro's having worked out they don't need to use a quadro in most of their programs so can save a good 3K-5K by grabbing the titan rtx and get the same or better performance than the highest spec quadro (with same architecture)... I wouldn't be shocked to hear that Scan have been getting a lot of requests for this type of build.

5. Received thanks from:

Jonj1611 (04-08-2020)

Thanks
    • Xlucine's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus TUF B450M-plus
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB @ 3.2 Gt/s
      • Storage:
      • Crucial P5 1TB (boot), Crucial MX500 1TB, Crucial MX100 512GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980ti
      • PSU:
      • Fractal Design ION+ 560P
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • W10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic vx3211-2k-mhd, Dell P2414H

£1.5k for a warranty and a GPU upgrade deal? bargain. For business needing this assembling you own is just not an option, so this looks like a good deal.

I am a bit curious about the match-up chosen - what workload needs the absolute greatest CPU and GPU in the same machine? I guess most sales will be lesser threadripper chips with that GPU, or the full 64 cores outputting video through a 1030 or similar

Quote Originally Posted by Helios451 View Post
    For that dosh, I'd expect some tidier power cable management - just look at that messy bundle going into the GPU.
    Short of a replacement set of individually sleeved cables (on a workstation?), what else could they have done with it other than plug it into the GPU like that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xlucine View Post
    £1.5k for a warranty and a GPU upgrade deal? bargain. For business needing this assembling you own is just not an option, so this looks like a good deal.

I am a bit curious about the match-up chosen - what workload needs the absolute greatest CPU and GPU in the same machine? I guess most sales will be lesser threadripper chips with that GPU, or the full 64 cores outputting video through a 1030 or similar
    My 3D animation work could make use of both, gpu rendering and encoding doesn't work for 'everything' yet so in some case you need to fall back to cpu.

Short of a replacement set of individually sleeved cables (on a workstation?), what else could they have done with it other than plug it into the GPU like that?
    It's a fair point when you consider it's got a glass side panel on.... I'm not a fan of glass side panels in the first place but if you're going to add a glass side panel, at least make the inside look 'pretty'...

8. Received thanks from:

Xlucine (09-08-2020)

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

This is a beastly system but right away I noticed the pish job on the power connectors on the graphics card lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlucine View Post
    Replaced the cable - they're a PC shop lol. Go grab another off the shelf! It's no biggie of course, but when you're trying to show off to people the systems you're putting out, systems with windows, you don't want things like this to be the topic of discussion. There's no way someone didn't notice it before sending it then someone else went "ah bugger it". Then the next thought is "if they said bugger it to that, what else would they say bugger it to ?". It seems super petty, but if I'm gonna spaf 12k on a PC I don't want any lingering feelings of someone not giving a toss.
    Last edited by Tunnah; 05-08-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Thread Information