Thread: PayPal rolling out cryptocurrency trading and spending options

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

PayPal rolling out cryptocurrency trading and spending options

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash all storable in a PayPal digital wallet.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: PayPal rolling out cryptocurrency trading and spending options

Hmm, would I trust Paypal with even more stuff? Maybe

Would I trust them more than the digital wallet businesses out there considering how many have either been breached or "run off with the money"? Yes, sadly.

Thanks

Also one of the majors points of cyprtocurreny is to be free from control.

Paypal is known to bar payment services for political reasons so the ability to use crpto seems dubious unless there has been a major change of heart at the company and this is there way out of submitting to the woke militant.

That Bitlicense from new York sounds very much like government control of who gets to use it.

Thanks
    • Gentle Viking's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus extreme X399
      • CPU:
      • TR 1920 X
      • Memory:
      • G Skill 64GB ( 8 X 8 ) PC3600 @ 3400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung evo 500GB nvme - 256GB Kingston SSD - 4TB spinning disk
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 5700 XT red devil
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850I
      • Case:
      • Working on it, done summer 2020
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 Ulti
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" iiyama GB2788HS
      • Internet:
      • docis 3.1 cable 1000/100 mbit

"Also one of the majors points of cryptocurrency is to be free from control."

Yes but the people that call them self your masters, they can still shut down BC like " snaps finger"
    SO ! there are no freedom in cryptocurrency.

Registered+
    Thanks

What a surprise the BBC ridicule cryptocurrency with their ignorance and political agenda. I tell you what if you think cryptocurrency is bad and full of bad actors and scammers you should check out our institutional banking system, you know the ones that have just been exposed for laundering more than $1 trillion of dirty money, the ones who brought the world to its knees in 2008 because of shady practices wrapping bad debt up and selling it as a cast iron investment, the ones who are now pumping so much money into the system that we will be paying for it through inflation for decades to come and the stock market is just as bad. The amount of times I hear people say "yeah but cryptocurrency isn't backed by a physical asset" - these people still think the gold standard exists and the pound is backed up by assets somewhere in a giant vault - it isn't, the Bank of England print more of it whenever they feel like it. Finally people are waking up to how governments and central banks have been manipulating peoples lives for decades, and guess what - they don't like it, so am I surprised to see the BBC calling them "penny stocks" and a scam - not at all. I would recommend doing your own independent research on the things I have mentioned and do it with an open mind, then decide whether this is good news or bad news.

chj
    Thanks
    • chj's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6X58D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel I7 950
      • Memory:
      • 12GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • SATA SSD/HDD combo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA GTX 780Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbykatze View Post

Would I trust them more than the digital wallet businesses out there considering how many have either been breached or "run off with the money"? Yes, sadly.
    Since the EUs rules for anti money laundering now require coin exchanges to identify customers who buy bitcoin (usually photo ID), I'd rather use PayPal too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbykatze View Post

The first thing I thought. All these "customers" who trust PayPal as they're a known entity are likely going to be ripped a new one.

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

That will explain why Paypal has been so aggressively blocking and closing the accounts of people trying to buy crypto using the platform.

They deserve to crash and burn. But they won't.

Old Geezer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaddogPepper View Post
    What a surprise the BBC ridicule cryptocurrency with their ignorance and political agenda. I tell you what if you think cryptocurrency is bad and full of bad actors and scammers you should check out our institutional banking system, you know the ones that have just been exposed for laundering more than $1 trillion of dirty money, the ones who brought the world to its knees in 2008 because of shady practices wrapping bad debt up and selling it as a cast iron investment, the ones who are now pumping so much money into the system that we will be paying for it through inflation for decades to come and the stock market is just as bad. The amount of times I hear people say "yeah but cryptocurrency isn't backed by a physical asset" - these people still think the gold standard exists and the pound is backed up by assets somewhere in a giant vault - it isn't, the Bank of England print more of it whenever they feel like it. Finally people are waking up to how governments and central banks have been manipulating peoples lives for decades, and guess what - they don't like it, so am I surprised to see the BBC calling them "penny stocks" and a scam - not at all. I would recommend doing your own independent research on the things I have mentioned and do it with an open mind, then decide whether this is good news or bad news.
    That's all very well but, if you manage to lose your crypto because the digital wallet service you are using fails or gets ripped-off, you lose the lot, the same as if you use your own wallet and it fails or, you make a mistake. If you have your money in a UK bank or building society and it goes down the pan, the FSA will refund you up to Ā£85,000. With cryoto you have no security at all.

Thread Information