Thread: AMD CPUs pass 22pct market share ahead of Ryzen 5000 launch

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

AMD CPUs pass 22pct market share ahead of Ryzen 5000 launch

And it is doing the best it has ever done in x86 laptops too (>20pct of laptop market share).
    Read more.

Thanks
    • Rubarb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI H81m-E33
      • CPU:
      • G3258
      • Memory:
      • 8GB hyper x beast
      • Storage:
      • 120ssd, 2gb hdd
      • Graphics card(s):
      • msi gtx960 4gb
      • PSU:
      • seasonic 450w
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake mozrt tx
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung 24'
      • Internet:
      • 100mb

Re: AMD CPUs pass 22pct market share ahead of Ryzen 5000 launch

Fully earned too.

Is it just me or is anyone else finding Lisa Su more and more sexy every year ?

Thanks

It is well earned, been having Intel/Nvidia for years, wish I had waited a half year to year on last PC updgrade and just started out with Ryzen instead, but it means next PC will be full AMD inside.

Thanks
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Hero XI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i9 9900KF
      • Memory:
      • CMD32GX4M2C3200C16
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 1TB / 3 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1200i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Odyssey G9
      • Internet:
      • 500Mbps BT FTTH

Quote Originally Posted by QuorTek View Post
    It is well earned, been having Intel/Nvidia for years, wish I had waited a half year to year on last PC updgrade and just started out with Ryzen instead, but it means next PC will be full AMD inside.
    I'll upgrade when DDR5 hits. AMD is looking pretty strong in all areas right now, so the bump in x86 market share is well deserved.

Thanks

well, now it should go faster, as intel clearly is behind in CPU market.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    I'll upgrade when DDR5 hits. AMD is looking pretty strong in all areas right now, so the bump in x86 market share is well deserved.
    You will be waiting a few years then....
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Thanks
    • EvilCycle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO
      • CPU:
      • Intel I7 7700K (OC to 4.8GHz on Corsair H100i V2)
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe SSD, Samsung 840 evo 120GB SSD + 2 x 500GB 72000rpm HDD's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 XTREME
      • PSU:
      • DEEPCOOL DQ 750st
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1440p 60hz AOC q2778vqe
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 380Mb (Fibre Optic)

Pointed a few family and friends to Ryzen based laptops in the past year, you're welcome AMD! I may be on Intel right now but you deserve it, see you in a year or so for my next desktop CPU

Thanks

Can't wait for the zen 3 mobile chips. A Ryzen 'h' based Asus gaming laptop has my name on it!

Thanks

I have virtually stuck with AMD for my own builds since 386 days , one for value and secondly support the underdog ( competition is always needed and indeed Intel had became massive ). Kinda loved it when the Athlon came out and made Intel twitch for a brief time although AMD did release a 586 which was better than the first Pentiums but was short lived. Intel pushed ahead by a fair margin and for a while I feared for AMD although my now replaced Phenom11 965 X4 has kept me more than satisfied over several years. I have to smile a little now these days as AMD has caught Intel napping and sitting smug on their backsides with the advent of Ryzen.
    I waited for the first incantation to settle and finally went for a Ryzen5 2600 and an MSI B450 board and couldn't be more happier. I don't get caught up with the fastest and best debates as my needs are modest , horses for courses and my older Phenom still breezes for what I do ( kept that as a Win7 PC ). Now with the imminent release of the new Ryzen we have Intel doing the expected marketing bullrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish trying to spoil things and I hope it backfires massively and whilst they keep tweaking their current tech to make it sound new AMD is stiding forwards. No doubt at some point Intel will finally come up with something buyt for the present I think the directors chairs are gettin a bit squeaky.

Thanks
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Hero XI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i9 9900KF
      • Memory:
      • CMD32GX4M2C3200C16
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 1TB / 3 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1200i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Odyssey G9
      • Internet:
      • 500Mbps BT FTTH

Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    You will be waiting a few years then....
    I'll survive

Thanks
    • LeetyMcLeet's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Auros X570 Master 1.2
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 64 GB 3600 DDR3 (G.Skill Trident Z)
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro PCIe NVMe, 2 x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SATA3, 2 x 6TB WD Black 3.5'' HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3070Ti (MSI SUPRIM)
      • PSU:
      • Fractal Design ION Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design 7 Dark with TG Window
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ/Zowie XL @ 1080p, 240Hz
      • Internet:
      • BT Business FTTC/VDSL ~ 50Mbps

Good for them and good for us consumers! All those years being shafted by Intel (paying OEM's not to use AMD CPU's, etc.). I'll almost certainly be ordering a 5000 series. Might even go for an AMD GPU as well.

The last AMD system I had was an Athlon XP 3000 and a 2000 before that. Never owned an ATI/AMD GPU though.

The industry needed this!

Thanks

22.4% of the entire x86 market, but NONE of the NET INCOME...Go figure...AMD still can't figure out how to produce NET INCOME.

I'll give you a hint. CHARGE MORE, and quit chasing poor people with consoles crap, low end gpus, etc. Those chips make AMD $10-15 or less. IE, analysts are saying 60mil on $650m revenue from the new launches coming from consoles. Can you see how DUMB it is to chase single digit or mid teens margins at best? Those dies are the same size as gpus or cpus that would go for FAR more $$. Intel is dumping nand which is what AMD should do to consoles. Intel chasing higher margin stuff, which is EXACTLY what you should do when short silicon (still can't fill 100% of their customers needs, short about 10%).

Q1 is Intel's first answer, Q4 they kill Q1 chips and move on again. My guess is that chip will die quicker than Q1 chips. AMD wasted 3yrs gaining share, instead of gaining INCOME. Oh, well, Intel is about to end what should have been a 3-5yr gravy train. Market share means nothing if it isn't producing INCOME as the small guy. Intel could do that, just to stop your sales as the rich guy (they have 20B NET INCOME to play with yearly), but as the tadpole in a shark tank, you should seek MARGIN, if for no other reason than to stop a price war while you pile up income. Intel responds to 20% share, with WAR. You could have just slowly gained while piling up INCOME and they might not have even bothered for 3yrs. Instead, you start wars with both NV/Intel, and now Intel is telling 7 divisions to use ANY fab outside Intel to win, killing chips faster than ever before, etc etc...You forced them to do major company wide changes instead of flying under the radar until you had a war chest. Intel already has a massive one, and because of that can kill chips at will until fabs, packaging etc get all in line.

AMD made more NET INCOME Dec2009 in ONE QUARTER, not a full year that can't catch that today! You own 20% of the market and can't beat Q4 2009? Game over Q4 next year, not really because that chip will win (don't think so, close enough), but because they will be starting their own price war by then or before (flood market with chips by then), which means lower AMD margin, and they aren't even making money yet! Intel won't be 10% short silicon forever as other fabs are now being used How will you make money when they start charging stupidly low prices too? You will lose a billion a year then AGAIN.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/AMD/amd/net-income
    Check that NET INCOME for 15yrs. Compare that to shares outstanding now. Compare that to assets in 1/2 now. I could keep going, but investors should get the point. AMD is priced way above where they were a decade ago, making MORE INCOME, shares outstanding 1/2, assets DOUBLED back then etc. RUN. IF the math doesn't add up (and I could list another dozen stats to compare, do it yourself on all those tabs at macrotrends), run from the stock instead of being sheep to slaughter.

Don't get me wrong, I think servers will get AMD to a few billion a year NET (2022 or 2023, note I said a FEW not ONE B), but they are priced now like they are making 4-6B NET now, heading to 8B...They are MILES from 1B for a year, never mind 1B NET INCOME for 4 Q's in a row like NV. Never mind Intel's 20B yearly. They had their TWO best years while AMD was stealing share? 2018/2019 were both 21B years for Intel. Finally going to hit them this year, but you have wasted 3yrs doing NOTHING to them. Share goes right back the second they fight for real, just ask NV who took 9% from AMD's sh!te cards last round.

KINGS get margin, while consoles, low end gpus etc, make peanuts. Focus on cpu/gpu above $300, never make anything below until ABOVE is exhausted. PERIOD. NV and Intel get this, and act accordingly, and their Q reports show it. CHARGE MORE MONEY AMD! Price war from Intel incoming soon, what then? Q1 or Q4 chips will start the price war. Bank all you can before they do this idiots (AMD management has blown 3yrs already! You're an idiot doing the same thing for 3 gens!). You lost cpu race to design a console 2011 (google it, started end 2011) that came 2013. You kept doing it until you lost the gpu race to NV. Now finally listening to the Dark Mayor who your fired Jan11, and now copy 2017-2020...ROFL. Hire him back and let him PRICE your kings, just demote Lisa, she's a good engineer, just crap at running things for PROFITS while chasing PEANUTS called consoles for SINGLE DIGIT MARGINS. That is from AMD first gen; their words, then they said mid teens. Well, if it was 15, you'd just say 15. Lower, you cover with mid teens crap. WHY? AMD, WHY? Chase Titan's, Servers, AI, DC, etc. Poor? Pfftt...Tell them to fly a kite, they don't pay the bills for AMD, clearly. The rich pay the bills at NV/Intel. You are expected to make 60mil on 650mil revenue from consoles coming. OUCH, what a waste of silicon that could have made 3090 killers, more 64c servers, etc...Same size dies in many cases (consoles are ~450mm^2 on soc silicon) as parts that go for thousands with MASS margins. When short, sell to the highest bidders...None of the highest bidders are consoles...LOL. Here's $115 for your $100 chip...ROFLMAO. FU. I'll take 10K from a 64c server please for the same chunk of silicon. For ever 2 console chip sales, AMD could have made the biggest chips possible at reticle limit on TSMC for gpu and KILLED NV 3090's that could not get above 628mm^2 due to crap samsung fab. Your 830mm^2 gpu would have absolutely destroyed NV, but your cards are good at mining (50% better than NV)...LOL Gaming cards should be made for GAMING idiots. Nice work, again, at losing. This is why AMD RT will look like NV's 1st gen RT (needed more, NV knew it, blown up this time). Dumb, but hey, maybe they'll sell a few to miners...LOL. FU gamers... NV wins my money next, 628mm^2 for me I guess.

Thread Information