Thread: HP outs Omen 16 laptop with AMD Radeon RX 6000M graphics

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

HP outs Omen 16 laptop with AMD Radeon RX 6000M graphics

And the PC stalwart introduces the Victus by HP brand laptops for mainstream gamers.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: HP outs Omen 16 laptop with AMD Radeon RX 6000M graphics

The Omen 16 looks interesting. Zen 3 CPUs (the 5000 HX series are Zen 3, right? It's confusing how some of the 5000 series are Zen 2), some potentially interesting screen options (wish the article said what the aspect ratio was), and it looks like HP is even releasing it with full-height arrow keys - hallelujah! The Mobile RX 6000 GPUs are also interesting, even if it's too early to say if it will make sense over the GeForce options. At least more RX 6000 GPUs will be showing up in the wild.

I wonder if the 3050 Ti instead of 3060 in the AMD model is so they can be offered at the same starting price, e.g. the AMD CPU costs more than the Intel one, so the entry level option on the GPU is a bit lower?

It's disappointing that the Omen 17 is Intel-only. Doesn't matter to me as I have no need for something as powerful as a GTX 3080, but it would be nice for those who do want the most powerful GPU to also be able to get the most powerful CPU.

Thread Information