Thread: Leaked Intel slide: Arc Alchemist reaches up to RTX 3070 perf level

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Leaked Intel slide: Arc Alchemist reaches up to RTX 3070 perf level

Meanwhile, Nvidia is rumoured to be rustling up a GeForce RTX 2060 with 12GB VRAM.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Leaked Intel slide: Arc Alchemist reaches up to RTX 3070 perf level

Under the supply constraints we've seen, Intel may gather some GPU sales, but they'd have to price lower then AMD and Nvidia, when trying to enter the market with a new unknown product. Even more so when you factor in their track record.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoyo69 View Post
    Under the supply constraints we've seen, Intel may gather some GPU sales, but they'd have to price lower then AMD and Nvidia, when trying to enter the market with a new unknown product. Even more so when you factor in their track record.
    In the current market, if you have a GPU (and no matter the perf), it'll probably sell.

Unless the first official offering from Intel is awful, they'll likely fly off the shelves but I would expect a healthy wariness of Intels first offering into the market.

Thanks

In all honesty IF the intel gpu comes in around 3060-3070 performance and has a price point comparable to the rrp then I can actually see people picking them up if there is actually enough stock. I would for a 1080p gaming rig, although for anything else I need to pick nvidia.

Either way IF they do perform that well then it could mean we've got another player hopefully keeping the gpu prices 'low'.

Ravens Nest

Quote Originally Posted by LSG501 View Post
    In all honesty IF the intel gpu comes in around 3060-3070 performance and has a price point comparable to the rrp then I can actually see people picking them up if there is actually enough stock. I would for a 1080p gaming rig, although for anything else I need to pick nvidia.

Either way IF they do perform that well then it could mean we've got another player hopefully keeping the gpu prices 'low'.
    I worry about intel driver support, how long will they support it before they move onto the next generation.
    AMD and Nvidia support old hardware for years but intel to me don't have that track record, and also bug fixes and optimization for new games.

6. Received thanks from:

Corky34 (13-09-2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Nest View Post
    I worry about intel driver support, how long will they support it before they move onto the next generation.
    AMD and Nvidia support old hardware for years but intel to me don't have that track record, and also bug fixes and optimization for new games.
    It really depends on what you mean as support, if you mean support as in drivers that work without issues then they're not too bad, most of nvidia/amd long term driver support is just shoving the old drivers in a newer update package, they don't actually seem to change much on the older hardware after a year or two.

I don't really care about optimisations for games but in all honesty we shouldn't need optimisations for games if the game dev's did their jobs properly....

Thanks

Are they any good at mining?

Registered+
    Thanks

The only question is "CAN IT MINE Bitcoins" )))))))))
    Goodbye MSRP )))

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman2576 View Post
    The only question is "CAN IT MINE Bitcoins" )))))))))
    Goodbye MSRP )))
    Would suite me nice if Intel ends being the Mining Mule... then we can get cards from the two others for actual use, so yes its a really good question, is it a top end miner? ^^

Already know this RajahwhateverEX-AMD guy is working on the project, and I do recall the cards he made was good at it.... so maybe they can take the flack away some more from Red and Green... however can easy enough get the top end Red/Green cards where I live, how odd it may sound... 3090 3080ti 6900XT and 6800XT... but the price is too much to ask for, for at least the green team.

Long member
    Thanks
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

Very interesting they're looking to provide for the mainstream market. Perhaps affordable cards will reappear?

Thanks

If the top-end card is as good as the AMD/Nvidia offerings, Intel has the opportunity, and financial muscle to create significant GPU market share with aggressive pricing, as they have done with the last two mid-range CPU releases.
    This has got to be good for the consumer, grown weary of rip-off pricing from scalpers and the like.

Thanks

It would be great to have some anti-mining low-level protection inside this GPU. I don't know if it is possible, but consumers would definitely love it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rave_alan View Post
    It would be great to have some anti-mining low-level protection inside this GPU. I don't know if it is possible, but consumers would definitely love it.
    Why would consumers love it?

There was quite a substantial backlash to Nvidias attempt because it meant the general person couldn't use their GPU to recoup some of the exorbitant GPU costs being asked at both MSRP and at the inflated costs due to scalping et al.

That and the anti-mining protections worked so well for Nvidia...

Thread Information