Thread: HEXUS.review - Saitek X52 Flight Control System

Thanks

HEXUS.review - Saitek X52 Flight Control System

In summing up, it has to be said that Saitek are going to have to do something amazing to be able to top the X52, it really is that good. Users of the X45 will at first find it feels too light as we’re used to heaving our sticks about like Geoff Capes tossing a caber, but get up in the air and needing a lighter touch on the stick will soon show in how much easier flying accurately becomes. The two-stage trigger is great, as are the toggle buttons, and though the majority of the lighting is just for show, the MFD is a truly useful addition for serious simmers.

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/revi...lld19JRD0xMjA3

PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    " I’ve now upgraded to the X52 and guess what? The profiles for the X45 and the X52 aren’t compatible! Yep, I’ve got to go back and totally re-programme the stick from scratch. To be honest, this is a major bind as what I really want to do is get me and my stick up in the air and shooting stuff down, but no, I have to spend 3 hours re-programming everything. You can argue that the X52 is so different that there’s no way X45 profiles could be used by the X52, but to be honest, the X52 hasn’t actually removed any of the X45’s buttons, so why can’t there be some sort of converter to re-map all my bindings over and then just leave me to take advantage of the new features?"

Actually there probably is a way to shortcut that although not as good as the days of SGE when you could use the 1 profile on pretty much any Saitek joystick (I'm told that MS insistence on every bit of hardware having it's own PID killed that).

Try this - take your old X45.dat & open it with the X52 editor.
    Right click on a button or in a cell (I prefer to use the Data view rather than 3D) you should get a list of commands in the X45 .dat assuming that the person who did the profile named the commands properly (otherwise you will just get "new button press#" etc.).
    You can then simply assign the command that you want to that button/state.

It works for converting X36 profiles to X45 & vice versa so hopefully it works with the X52 too - I will be interested to hear results.
    If you need any more help PM me.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks
    Yeah, I tried to open X45 profiles with the new X52 editor and it didn't recognise the profile.

Which is why I was flumoxed over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Yeah, I tried to open X45 profiles with the new X52 editor and it didn't recognise the profile.
    Just to confirm did you try to open or load the X45 profile using the X52's editor?
    If it is like X36>X45 & vice-versa all the cells show up as blank but if you right click in a cell it comes up with the command list.

edit: UKSupport posted this awhile back on Saitekforum.com so it looks like what I was saying should work for this too.

"the same thing applies that has always done for the profiles - a profile, no matter what controller you made it for, still has all the commands saved within it. Provided you have named the commands in the original profile then all you have to do is bring up the profile editor for the X52, click File>Open and then open the X45 profile that you want to use. You'll note that the buttons are not programmed but if you right click a button then the list of commands that are in the profile will be visible there - simply left click the command that you want to assign to that button. If you didn't name the commands in the original profile then all you'll have is a list of New Keypress 2, New Keypress 3 etc. and you won't know which command is which."
    http://www.saitekforum.com/showthrea...hlight=convert
    Last edited by BUFF; 08-06-2005 at 07:25 PM.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750

Thanks
    Yep, I did... It was the first thing I tried as my button mapping for IL2 is enormous, I can fly that game hands off except for engine start as you only push it the once...

And my key mapping for LOMAC is even bigger, so I was VERY keen to get that one converted and not have to re-do it from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    Well Saitek say it can be done but unfortunately I don't have an X52 to play with ...

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750

Thanks
    Is this a bargain for it?

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/111_232904.html

Really fancy getting into IL2 etc, but I barely have £7 atm, let alone £70.

Thanks

Re: X52 Thread Revival

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Is this a bargain for it?

Really fancy getting into IL2 etc, but I barely have £7 atm, let alone £70.
    I appreciate this is YET another revival, but I've only just read about this on the HeXuS, link from Scan, but this looks really cool.

One day soon I'll have to get into Flight Sims.

Baius
    Tech: NAS | D2 | L1 | N1 | T2 | U1 | P3

0iD@TWDJT: P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
    S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: HEXUS.review - Saitek X52 Flight Control System

I hesitating between an X52 and X52 Pro. I've read some very good reviews of both, but some websites did say that the Pro was not worth the extra money, as it did not add that much. Has anyone tried both units?

Thread Information