Thread: DSG sells the thorn in their side

DR
    Thanks

DSG sells the thorn in their side

They have also decided to offload "The Link" to UK Teleco - O2 for a tiny price of £30 Million. "The Link" sells mobile phone contracts and operates in nearly every major town and city in the UK has been losing money for several years.
    More on www.HEXUS.net

Thanks
    Well, having worked in DSG for a few months, I'm hardly surprised they're struggling. As every tech head (and now regular customer) knows, they are overpriced compared to e-tailers, foist warranties upon customers, and have sky high overheads to try and cover. They still get decent passing trade, and fulfill a role in the UK market, but they can't be very competitive in this day, really.

I find all the mergers and acquisitions going on at the moment fascinating; now Virgin, Sky, Orange, and O2 have big 'multiplay' packages. It's only going to get more competitive, which should be good for the customer!

Thanks
    Doestn surprise me, as stated above DSG arent exactly the best hehe. The again, I actually got one of my previous phones from the link because they were the only retail store who had the colour i wanted and gave me the free airtime i was unable to get off the other companies websites because they didnt recognise my house address lol (damn database address systems which dont let you manually enter the information when they cant find it !).

Thanks
    i still buy certain things from them - somethings just seem to have a std price (ipods are a good example) and buying from currys.digital gives you the knowledge that if it does break, you can walk in and get it fixed/replaced/refunded very easily as the person dealing with you typically doesn't care either way and will normally be happy to process a refund if you look like you will kick off if they don't.... ...plus i head through heathrow a fair bit and vat-free shopping prices can sometime be fairly close the web...

Thread Information