Thread: Gainward FX5200 Ultra Pro/760 XP

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks

Gainward FX5200 Ultra Pro/760 XP

I recently took a look at Gainward's VIVO equipped GeForce FX5200 Ultra. Being a Golden Sample, it was a bit out of the ordinary. Here's a snippet.

Before testing, I was expecting the little FX to be poor, very poor. What surprised me was the decent performance, despite its obvious budget underpinnings. I guess budget cards don't have to be too slow these days.

Check it out in full, here.
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Thanks
    Hmmmn, why is the 5200 being compared to higher end video cards (9600, 9800, 5900 et al) rather than it's budget competitors (9200, GF3, 4200Ti)?

I'm sure we can all guess where the 5200 fits in compared to it's current gen. compatriots, but it would be far more useful to see it compared to previous generation hardware at similar price/performance points.

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks
    Simple lack of comparison boards. I don't have any of the 3 cards you mentioned, plus Gainward asked it be compared to 5600 and the midrange, due to EXPERTOOL and the GS clocks.

We can't keep a stock of every board we come across sadly, wish that were the case

Rys
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Thread Information