Thread: Q&A - Splinter Cell Double Agent - PS3

Thanks

Q&A - Splinter Cell Double Agent - PS3

Ubisoft explain what we can expect from the PS3 version of Splinter Cell Double Agent.

Check out the Feature

Thanks

Re: Q&A - Splinter Cell Double Agent - PS3

Found screenshots: http://eurogamer.net/gallery.php?gam...ticle_id=72235

PC: "Splinter Cell Double Agent Updater"... Game is up to date!
    (\SCDA\support\UpdateLauncher\SC4UpdateLauncher.exe)

Have to say this is some real BS that they release "DLC" for playstation without bothering to make the patch available on the PC updater too. I will be waiting and not buying Conviction unless they have changed their ways, ridiculous situation where you get treated like a second class citizen by a publisher for actually having BETTER hardware... As they said themselves, "90 percent of the PS3 gamers will only play SCDA in 720p"

They don't really deserve a second chance after what they did to Deus Ex but whatever.
    Last edited by Perfectionist; 14-04-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Reviving a three year old thread ?
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks

Yeah, it's one of the first hits on google for info about the patch And I bet I'm not the only one who decided to get around to playing Double Agent before even looking at Conviction (released today btw after about 4 years)

Talking of year gaps, a funny thing, they seem to have switched part of the in-game advertising scheme off because there are bottles of spirits looking like they are meant to be vodka or whiskey shape but they have the sides and tops noticeably missing so they look rather like ice cubes. Weirdly though you still see adverts for nivia men shaving products etc in it tho, maybe Ubi were charging the advertisers as a subscription per year or something

Thanks

See what I mean

Thanks

BTW in that rightmost pic above, you see those unnecessary spectacles? Your character wears throughout the whole Kinhasa missions, near the end of the game no less (closeup pic): They are actually meant to be sunglasses, I found out!

I am thinking it's also due to the advertising branding servers being shut down too:

(click the large image once loaded again to view full size)

It seems a bit stupid that they didn't bother to include backup textures with the game unless they just assumed that their games wouldn't be worth playing in 3 years (unlike many others...) when they have apparently either shut most of the servers down (though like mentioned the rather unrealistic static NIVEA For Men ads - which block out where television screens would be in the game - seem to be still present) or ceased to do business with most of the advertisers...

Reminds me a bit of how they are making the new game stop working totally if you lose your internet connection:
    ...I think these two things are probably connected. They and their affiliate partners are unlikely to want you to be able to skip the ads by playing offline (or blocking the game/server from your firewall). Two birds with one stone, from their perspective maybe, if gamers are stupid enough to buy into and support these kind of new even more abusive practices.

edit: Oh and just to prove I'm a real customer: [1] [2]. Wish I wasn't now though, looks like they deserve all the piracy they can get!
    Last edited by Perfectionist; 17-04-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks
    • Avenger1324's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5Q Pro iP45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 & 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HiS 512MB HD4850 IceQ 4 Turbo
      • PSU:
      • 700W Coolermaster Silent Pro Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Stacker STC-01
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x 17" NEC70GX2

I think bumping this thread will confuse some people who will assume it is for the recently announced SC Conviction.

Personally I really enjoyed SCA, playing it on Xbox 360. I have heard they did a lousy job in porting it to the PC, which may be what you were searching for when this thread showed up.

If you choose to play it as a stealth game there is little variation in the difficulty. Stick to the shadows, take out guards when they aren't in sight of anyone else, and you can get around 90% of the game without much trouble.

The online side was a nice unexpected bonus. 3v3 spies vs mercs (though sad to report this has been dropped for Conviction). There aren't many people still playing online, though as a full match is 3v3 at most it doesn't take long to fill a server. I know for those of us familiar with the likes of Battlefield offering up 64 player battles, that 3v3 sounds pathetic, but the way the maps work it does offer up a lot of fun if you find some good people to play with.

For PC gamers though this game was disappointing due to the lack of effort put into porting it to PC. Whether they have done any better with Conviction remains to be seen, but given the publisher, and their choice of controversial DRM, I know I won't be touching it on principle.

Thanks

Yeah, talking about the PC version (see my first post ) - looking at the other review threads, it seems that Hexus tends to not bother with a PC review if they've done it for it on a console already (terrible logic since games that were made primarily for consoles are usually the worst done), I would've posted on a platform specific thread for the game if it existed. Hexus never bothered to check the PC version, there's no review at all. More reason to not bother reading any part of Hexus apart from the forums heh. www.pcgamer.co.uk for game (not "video game") reviews.
    Last edited by Perfectionist; 17-04-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Thread Information