Thread: Three (3) Mobile & Cashback

Thanks

Three (3) Mobile & Cashback

Hi, newbie here so be gentle.

Any advice on the problem I'm having with 3 would be appreciated.
    Basically, I had a contract with 'Cool New Mobiles' that gave me cashback. Everything was going fine, I had recieved 3 cheques from them of £88 each, just 2 more to go. 3 then offered me a new deal, a very good one. Before accepting, I asked on several occasions, would this affect my cashbask? All along the line I was told by 3 no, it wouldn't. Guess what? Bang went my cashback, £176 light. Obviously, I got straight onto 3 and after over a month I am still being given the runaround. They are supposed to ring me at 4pm tomorrow, and I have threatened them with cancelling my contract and beginning county court proceedings against them for the recovery of my money. It seems to me that the indian call center opratives will do anything and promise anything to keep customers. Have any of you had problems like this and if so how did you resolve it?

To be honest, if I didn't get the money back the deal would still be very cheap for me, 750 mins X network anytime and 150 txts a month for under £15. But that's not the point. 3 have mislead me and I want my money back.

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

Re: Three (3) Mobile & Cashback

There is a big thing going on in the industry as of late with these cash back deals. Thing is though in most cases it has nothing to do with the networks involved. If I were you I would take it up with Cool New Mobiles as it will most likely be them that is doing the cash back deal not the network.

Thanks

It's almost certainly your problem (and case) lies with Cool New Mobiles. Someone even once told me cashback deals were illegal. I'm not sure about that, but I'm pretty sure it's not 3 giving you the cashback.

Thanks

If you read your T&Cs of the cashback all the retailers state you cannot change the tariff during the duration of the contract. Doing so invalidates your cashback.

Your cashback is from Cool New Mobiles not from 3. You should have checked with them first not 3 as they wouldnt know anything about it.

Cool New Mobiles are one of the worst for cashback. Your lucky you got three cheques. Big thread on moneysavingexpert forums about them and people owed cashback. I am afraid in your case though there is not much you can do. It is your fault. Read the T&Cs more carefully next time.

Dancingmatt cashbacks are not illegal. They are not given by the networks. The retailers give the cashback from the commision they get from the networks.

Anyone considering a cashback deal should check out this forum: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.html?f=14
    Last edited by nickp8; 20-09-2007 at 02:23 PM.
    ::NZXT Rogue Case + Scythe Kaze Maru 140mm Fans | Scythe Kaze Master Ace Fan Controller | NorthQ Siberian Tiger Liquid Cooling | Enermax Liberty 400W PSU | Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L | Intel C2Q Q9450 | 4GB Apogee GT PC2-8500 DDR2 | Gigabyte ATI Radeon 1GB HD4850 Passive | 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA | Pioneer DVR-216DBK SATA | Win 7 Home Premium | HP w2207 LCD | 1TB QNAP TS-119 Turbo NAS |
    ::Acer Aspire One Netbook + Carbon Fibre Skin | Intel Atom 1.6GHz | 1.5GB RAM | 8GB SSD | 16GB Class6 SDHC | Windows XP SP3 | 3 Mobile Broadband | 9 Cell Battery |
    ::HP Touchpad White | 1.5GHz | 64GB | webOS 3.2 |CyanogenMod 9 Android ICS |
    ::Shuttle SZ77R5 | Intel Core i5 3470s | 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | Samsung 256GB 830 Series SSD | 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA | Pioneer DVR-216DBK SATA | Win 8 Pro |

Thanks

I've taken all the points given on board, and maybe I should have read the T & C a bit more closely, but 3 new about Cool New Mobiles and I did ask the question of 3, will it invalidate my cash back and they told me on more than one occasion 'no'. My mistake was asking Cool New Mobile the same question. I'm still going to see what I can get out of 3 and I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks
    • Dreaming's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • e6300 @ 2.8ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Western Digital for OS + 1500GB Seagate for Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB
      • PSU:
      • Antec Neo HE 550
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC A05B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Home Premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 22" 226BW
      • Internet:
      • NTL 4Mb/s

Id say to three that they misled you and have some kind of responsibility. I know when I used to work professionally we always had to give answers like 'I don't have that information sir' because we can be held liable for anything we say (as we represent the company).

Having said that, you'll have a tough time proving they did garuntee your cashback. Just moan and see where you get, you never know you might get a nice deal.

Thread Information