• Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Syncmaster 2232bw
      • Internet:
      • 8Mb Tiscali

Samsung G600

Hi M8s

I'am thinking of buying a Samsung G600 mobile phone, has anybody got 1 if so how do you rate it, good or bad

geb

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Samsung G600

My wife has a G600 Pink and I personally think it is a very poor phone. The 5MP Camera is no where near the standard of my N82. Lots of lag when you move the camera around and picture quality is generally much poorer.

Also, texting is really slow! It gets annoying typing a text message!

Personally I would look for a newer alternative. If you still wanna go Samsung, have a look at the Samsung Soul.

Thanks

I have it in black, and contrary to Zoom7000, I find it to be a fantastic handset.

Depends what you're after, though. I had a Nokia N80 prior to the G600 and found it tried to do a lot and ended up doing little. I came to the conclusion that I never use the camera on any phone, never listen to music on them, never browse the web on them and ultimately only use them for phone calls and the occasional text.

For that, the G600 is great. It's slim enough to go unnoticed in a pocket, buttons are easy to use, and battery life is great - I charge mine around once a week.

There are loads of phones that can do a lot more, but for simplicity with a touch of style, the G600 is very good.

*EDIT* I should add that the missus has a G600, too, and unlike me, she hates it! She does a lot of texting and the G600 can only store 200 messages - it won't let you store them on the memory card so she's forever deleting messages to make room. She also hates that she can't set MP3s as her ringtone.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Parm View Post
    I have it in black, and contrary to Zoom7000, I find it to be a fantastic handset.

Depends what you're after, though. I had a Nokia N80 prior to the G600 and found it tried to do a lot and ended up doing little. I came to the conclusion that I never use the camera on any phone, never listen to music on them, never browse the web on them and ultimately only use them for phone calls and the occasional text.

For that, the G600 is great. It's slim enough to go unnoticed in a pocket, buttons are easy to use, and battery life is great - I charge mine around once a week.

There are loads of phones that can do a lot more, but for simplicity with a touch of style, the G600 is very good.

*EDIT* I should add that the missus has a G600, too, and unlike me, she hates it! She does a lot of texting and the G600 can only store 200 messages - it won't let you store them on the memory card so she's forever deleting messages to make room. She also hates that she can't set MP3s as her ringtone.
    I also found that the model I brought which was customised with the Vodafone firmware has the annoying feature of the middle button on the front the takes you directly to WAP and there is no way to chage the setting unless you flash generic firmware, which voids your warranty!

geb
    Registered+
    Thanks
    • geb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus PK5
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2 Dual E6320 1.8
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 4Gb pc6400
      • Storage:
      • Corsair DDR2 Pc 6400 4Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD2600 Pci-E
      • PSU:
      • Bluestorm 500W
      • Case:
      • Enermax CA-3050
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Syncmaster 2232bw
      • Internet:
      • 8Mb Tiscali

Thanks for you're comments M8s i basically use my mobile as a phone and occasional text messages i'am currently using a Samsung E250 which is getting a bit dented now,,

geb

Thread Information