Thread: Phone + Free PS3 and Move !!! worthit??

Thanks

Question Phone + Free PS3 and Move !!! worthit??

There's a friend at work who's current contact has run out and he want to upgrade and get a free PS3 at the same time, It looks like he's going for The Carphone Warehouse deal.
    Samsung C3050...@ £25 a month for 2 years. The thing is he's not too bothered about the phone and just wants the PS3 and Move.

So it works out the phone is free as well as the PS3 and Move but you have to pay £25 a month for the line rental, which works out to £600 !!

I've told him either just save to get a ps3 or get one on finance but he's determined to get one this way.

what do you guys think.

Thanks
    • jimbouk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B450M-HDV R4.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Core Gold GC-650
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-V1100 ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC CU34G2/BK 34" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • EE FTC

Re: Phone + Free PS3 and Move !!! worthit??

If he's going to make use of the majority of the contract bundled minutes/texts (and the bundle is actually a standard deal and they haven't bumped the price up on a bad contract) then it's simply an alternative to a more expensive phone. If he's only going to use the equivalent of a £10/month sim only contract the he should get the cheap contract and save/get credit for the PS3.

3. Received thanks from:

gtech (11-10-2010)

Thanks

Depends, PS3 + Move is ~£260 so you're getting a (crap £30) phone + mins/texts for 2yrs for £340 (ie £14/month)

For someone who doesn't have a lump sum for the PS3 or wants to avoid doing separate contract + finance deal (which more than likely means the PS3 would cost more to begin with) then I don't think it's that bad a deal but it's by no means great.

Just consider what a similar SIM only contract would be, add a £30 handset then see what's left & whether it's worth it to not have to stump up the best part of £300 in one go for the PS3.

5. Received thanks from:

gtech (11-10-2010)

Registered+
    Thanks

its a good deal but it depends on the howmany free text and free minutes you are getting with the bundle. But again i wouldnt go anything more than 18 months.

GringoFrenzy

It's all relative to what he's shelling out for his current contract, and what that gives him.

Hard to tell without knowing the exact deal he's going for.

Look at what sort of price you can get for a sim-only tariff with the same number of mins/texts/data at the new deal he wants, then work out the overall difference between the sim-only tariff, and the one that comes with the PlayStation. (i.e. after 2 years.)

If the difference comes to more than ~£260, you've got a bad deal.

I'm guessing he's gonna be paying at least £15 - £20 a month for his current contract, right? So if it's only another £5 a month on top of that a month, and he gets a PS3 out of it, he'll only have paid £120 for it.....which seems a good deal to me

(Also, not being bothered by the fact he's tieing himself into a 2 year contract for a PS3 is kind of essential.)

Thanks

Yeah.. it depends if the plan will fit his usage. Otherwise there's no point... how old is your 'friend' if he's not paying for his own phone bill yet, I could understand why he doesn't care. In other words if his 'rents are still paying for it.
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz, 2 GB DDR2, 500GB SATA-II 7200RPM, nVidia GeForce 9800GT 512mb, BenQ E2200 HD, BenQ G2412HD, Logitech S510 Wireless set, Creative GigaWorks T3 Speakers.

Thread Information