Thread: T-Mobile 3G broadband packages

Thanks

T-Mobile 3G broadband packages

I'm a bit confused what T-Mobile mean by their 'pay per day' price plan, they say you have to buy a top-up with it so I assume it's a PAYG one, but you can choose from £2/day £7/week or £15/month. These prices seem pretty reasonable for a backup connection, but I don't get whether you have to pay that price constantly or you buy a package when you need it? I can't find a straight answer on their website, so I don't suppose anyone here knows? I'd much rather it was the latter obviously, being a rarely-used backup connection.
    Also correct me if I'm wrong thinking T-Mobile is a good option for mobile broadband.

Edit: I should have looked harder before posting, I found a .pdf which seems to imply it is indeed a buy-when-you need and it's subtracted from your credit. But the second question still stands - anything better than T-Mobile?
    Last edited by watercooled; 04-03-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Thanks
    • Consfearacy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock M3A790GXH/USB3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II x4 965 Quad Core OC @ 4.1Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4 GB Kingston 1333MHz DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Corsair Force 3 60GB SSD/Western Digital 650GB Caviar Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB Flex
      • PSU:
      • OCZ 600w Stealth XStream 2
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Storm Scout
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Iiyama Prolite B2409HDS
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity

Re: T-Mobile 3G broadband packages

I use a T-Mobile USB 120 stick which I bought at one of their shops in Manchester for £9.99 with the first 30 days for £2 deal. I then top up £15 just like a PAYG mobile every 30 days with a text message their connection manager software. For that 30 period I get a 2 Gb limit unrestricted usage. When that runs out, I still get a 24 hour connection with the freedom to download/stream/surf, except between the times of 16:00 hrs and 00:00 hrs until the 30 days runs out. The minimum you can top up is £5 and leave it there and not use it once you top up. If you then need it in an emergency like you said in your post, you just then go to their website (which is free all to visit) and Buy a package for 1/7 or 30 days.

I also did not find the website very helpful for support or info, but in store they were a little more clued up. I have had this deal for the last 1.5 years and had no problems with their connection apart from when they were merging with orange, but that has past and the connection has been fine since. I think this deal may still be valid if you go to one of their stores and ask.

And you don't constantly have to pay for it, its a case of if and when you need it, so it would be ideal as a back up connection.
    Last edited by Consfearacy; 04-03-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: More Info.
    "If you don't live for something, you die for nothing"

3. Received thanks from:

watercooled (04-03-2011)

Thanks

Re: T-Mobile 3G broadband packages

Thanks, sounds fine for my requirements. I often find T-Mobile plans aren't well documented, I would complain but I usually find they turn out OK when you find out more about them.

Thread Information