Thread: Leaving my contract early without paying a fee.

Thanks

Leaving my contract early without paying a fee.

Hello,

As some of you know on here i have had a issue with 3 for the past few weeks regarding a second contract that i knew nothing about. After weeks of phone calls chasing everything up i have finally got money refunded.

Now this is where the problem starts. They phoned me at the beging of febuary to say they would be refunding me, its now the 5th of march and its still not with me but they insist its in the post.

I am not at all happy with the customer service i have been shown, its been poor to say the least.

I am now looking to end the contract that i have with them because i have had enough of their constant fobbing off. They say i need to pay the termination fee which is the remaining months of my contract at the line rental price, its around £400.

Is there anyway i can end this due to the customer service they have given me? Or if i want to leave do i need to pay the fee?

I am really not good with things like this so all help/advice is appreciated.

Larkspeed

Re: Leaving my contract early without paying a fee.

Not really any way around it i'm afraid.

The bad customer service you have been given on one contract has no bearing on another.

They are contracted to give you a properly working service with provisions for faults and malfunctions.

In return you are contracted to pay a set monthly amount.

If your phone has been working properly and you have been able to make and receive calls without issue then they have upheld their end of the contracts and you are legally obligated to uphold yours.

If you want out early you have to pay I'm afraid.

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

You could always try making an official complaint or writing to someone fairly senior and requesting the cancellation of the rest of your contract.

If that's what you want I'd try to be as polite and amicable as possible about it, as it'll be something they do as a gesture rather than something they do because they have to.

Thanks

I have phoned them and told them my situation. The customer advisor has started a complaint so i need to wait and see what they say when they phone me.

I am going to put a letter in the post to the head office underlining the issues i have had and i will see what they can do also. Does anyone have the address of whom i should write to about this matter?

Thread Information