Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung loose court case in states against Apple - corruption all the way

Thanks
    • Brewster0101's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus m5a99x evo
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX 8350
      • Memory:
      • 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600mghz
      • Storage:
      • Western Green 3TB + Samsung 850Evo 512MB SSD, + 2TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 280X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AXi760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 27" 27EA63 IPS LED
      • Internet:
      • 120Mb Bt

Samsung loose court case in states against Apple - corruption all the way

Thanks
    Corruption is a strong word, however the fact that the jury arrived at their decision so quickly does imply that they had made their mind up before hearing all the evidence.

It's bad news for everyone, as Apple will no doubt use this win as leverage to demand ridiculous patent fees from any one else who has the nerve to produce a rectangular phone...

Having said that it's not over yet, there's the inevitable appeal.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Re: Samsung loose court case in states against Apple - corruption all the way

At least they didn't get the rectangle thing.

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS

"If you find for Apple in this case, you will have re-affirmed the American patent system" - Apple lawyers

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Megabiv's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth X58
      • CPU:
      • Core I7 - 950 4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 24GB Triple Channel DDR3 GEIL 1600Mhz 6x4GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB (2x500GB WD Blacks in Raid0 + 64GB OCZ Synapse Cache) 1x500Gb,1x160Gb and 1.5Tb External
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 580W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define XL
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x19" 1x22"
      • Internet:
      • 78Mb BT Infinity 2

Sad day, but Apple does have more money that the the US government so im sure they took that into account before casting their verdict.

Thanks
    • cheesemp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS TUF x570-plus
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Corsair RGB ram
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb NVMe + 500Gb TcSunbow SDD (cheap for games only)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 480 8Gb Nitro+ OC (with auto OC to above 580 speeds!)
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master MWE 750 bronze
      • Case:
      • Gamemax f15m
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" QHD AOC Q3279VWF
      • Internet:
      • FTTC ~35Mb

I always wondered what contempt of court really meant. Now I know. I have absolute and utter contempt for such a decision and all those involved in it. Apple could never produce something really innovative like my galaxy note.
    Trust

Laptop : Dell Inspiron 1545 with Ryzen 5500u, 16gb and 256 NVMe, Windows 11.

Larkspeed

I have said it before and I'll say it again.

Apple used to be market leader

They got too full of themselves raking in the cash that they did not bother to continue a proper R&D schedule so their designs got stale, their prices got too high by comparison and their products became inferior.

The result of that was that they got knocked off the top spot and started losing market share by the bucket load.

Any other company would have stepped up their R&D and produced newer, better and cheaper handsets and taken their top spot back.

Apple's response was just to start suing everyone else to get the sales of their devices restricted so apple could get back the top spot and claim they were better because of it.

I am not an android or Samsung or anyone else fanboy, it is by mere coincidence that both my phone and tablet happen to be Samsung devices.

I do not like apples way of doing things and for that very reason alone I refuse to purchase their products. The number of people that think the same as me is growing steadily and will do so more and more as apple continue these stupid lawsuits.

If apple wants to regain the top spot they need to stop playing bully in the courts and take the money they are spending on lawsuits and give it to their R&D department.

I have no doubt that given their resources apple could design and build a handset superior to all others and sell it at a reasonable price.

One day their own execs will figure this out.

8. Received thanks from:

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by directhex View Post
    "If you find for Apple in this case, you will have re-affirmed the American patent system" - Apple lawyers
    “People in this valley will continue to invest because they know their investment will be protected.”

Technojunkie
    Thanks

I still don't understand how samsung is liable for google android features ?

If its about hardware looks, then the LG Prada should have killed apple's case.

If it's about software features, why couldn't samsung have just said its not us, we use google (android) software ?
    Chrome & Firefox addons for BBC News
    Follow me @twitter

Registered+
    Thanks

This is a bad day for all consumers, I would however love to know when Apple are going to be paying HTC for the stuff they have taken from them.

Reality is none of this stuff should have even been able to get a copyright on it none of it is original it's all been done before but of course it comes down to
    Apple having so much money they can do anything they like, they have always bought out rights on technology in order to stop it being used to
    compete with their products other companies are trying to advance and better themselves Apple are happy to just stall and keep selling the same item
    year after year with only minor hardware updates.

I am an Apple user I have to use a Macbook during the day and have an iphone (although it's in a drawer because my HTC sensation does what I want it to
    do and not what Apple wants it to do, and of course the HTC doesn't require installing a virus to use it properly (itunes)), think I'll just refuse to
    use their products anymore hopefully this will be everyones attitude to this outcome, do the world a favour and kill of the company holding it back.

Thanks
    • marshalex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T bios 1303
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 12GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840, WD Caviar Black 640Gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6950 XXX @915 MHz
      • PSU:
      • Antec TruePower New 650W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster CM690
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell ST2210
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre 38MB

It's a joke. The fact that a company can patent the most generic design and then sue everyone else who copies is simply ridiculous and shows how insane the US patent is. Could you imagine someone like ford trying to patent "a vehicle with 4 wheels" and then suing every other car company on the planet? Just wouldn't happen. I was going to get the new iPhone on release (all the top android handsets are far too big) but this has convinced me otherwise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Larkspeed View Post
    I have said it before and I'll say it again.

Apple used to be market leader

They got too full of themselves raking in the cash that they did not bother to continue a proper R&D schedule so their designs got stale, their prices got too high by comparison and their products became inferior.

The result of that was that they got knocked off the top spot and started losing market share by the bucket load.

Any other company would have stepped up their R&D and produced newer, better and cheaper handsets and taken their top spot back.

Apple's response was just to start suing everyone else to get the sales of their devices restricted so apple could get back the top spot and claim they were better because of it.

I am not an android or Samsung or anyone else fanboy, it is by mere coincidence that both my phone and tablet happen to be Samsung devices.

I do not like apples way of doing things and for that very reason alone I refuse to purchase their products. The number of people that think the same as me is growing steadily and will do so more and more as apple continue these stupid lawsuits.

If apple wants to regain the top spot they need to stop playing bully in the courts and take the money they are spending on lawsuits and give it to their R&D department.

I have no doubt that given their resources apple could design and build a handset superior to all others and sell it at a reasonable price.

One day their own execs will figure this out.

there's a flip side to this. because everyone has been so busy copying the iphone and ipad, none of the other companies have came out with anything innovative for themselves that's popular, so apple have no competition to beat

a few years ago phones looked quite different, you had clamshells and candybars and different shapes and sizes, but now almost every new phone looks like an iphone, a rectangle with a screen on front

if people weren't trying to copy the rectangle with round edges and touch screen and copying everything else, and they were forced to do something new to avoid copyright, we would have a bunch of new and innovative ideas, and that in itself might give apple a greater push to innovate more, instead of gradual changes to the previous models

sony had the tablet that folded in half, which didn't work but was a cool idea, the MS tablets with the keyboard cover is cool too, there's a phone that fits inside a tablet, etc. so these weren't hits, but they were interesting ideas and showed that you could do something different

hopefully now that people won't get away with copying stuff so easily we will see some real innovation. whilst the rectangle shape might be what's common now, i'm sure by next centuary we'll look back at it in the same way as we do a startec or classic nokia today, and look at it as an outdated concept. hopefully the same with tablets

Larkspeed

except that you forget the fact that apple has stolen nearly all of it's designs off other companies. dig far enough and you will find that every single "innovation" from apple was done by some other company first all they did is repackage it.

And it's truly rich for apple to be suing Samsung over screens when they get their screens from Samsung

Registered+
    Thanks

I'm not happy with the outcome of this, however the fact that Google (Motorola) are filing against Apple softens the blow, we can only hope that they win there, else this is bad news for Android in general.

Thanks
    • hatsumi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X470 Auros
      • CPU:
      • 2700X
      • Memory:
      • 24Gb DD3 Corsair Dominator 1600
      • Storage:
      • SSD and HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 850W Gold
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF932 Adv
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Ilyama 27" 1440p Freesync
      • Internet:
      • VM 500MB

Oddly enough I'm about to purchase a new Samsung TV, Bluray player and possibly a galaxy tablet of some form. Also my next mobile is likely to be an S3 or Note 2. Not that I have any affinity for Samsung they just seem to be offering an excellent qualityrice ratio at the moment.

I have no desire to purchase anything Apple. My Wife recently upgraded to an Iphone 4 and to be honest I don't understand what the fuss is regarding iOS. It seemed to be very difficult to do things that are simple on my desire HD for some reason.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by from source
    All the disputed Samsung devices had copied Apple's "bounce-back response", which makes lists jump back as if yanked by a rubber band
    Wow. And to think patents were once used to protect things that were actually important. How times have changed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information