Thread: Binatone DVR505 Satnav - anyone know about map updates on these devices?

Thanks

Question Binatone DVR505 Satnav - anyone know about map updates on these devices?

So I've been looking for a new satnav as the data usage on my phone is very high on my contract.

I've found some good deals on the Binatone DVR 505 and I can see that map updates are advertised but I'm not sure how easy / free the updates are. The Binatone website doesn't seem to have information on it.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience of these devices. Not a major concern but if anyone knows I can get European maps to be installed would be useful, the maps are only UK and ROI on this model I've found

Does he need a reason? Funkstar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Funkstar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB OCZ PC2-6400C5 800MHz Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 650GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB ATI Radeon HD4550
      • PSU:
      • Antec 350W 80+ Efficient PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec NSK1480 Slim Mini Desktop Case
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 + 2408 monitors
      • Internet:
      • Zen 8mb

Re: Binatone DVR505 Satnav - anyone know about map updates on these devices?

Personally, I would assume that unless the vendor is clearly stating there will be updates (whether free or otherwise) for that device, I would assume there won't be.

If a device doesn't do what you want out of the box, don't rely on that functionality appearing through updates. Far too easy to be burned by that promise.

Thanks

Re: Binatone DVR505 Satnav - anyone know about map updates on these devices?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkstar View Post
    Personally, I would assume that unless the vendor is clearly stating there will be updates (whether free or otherwise) for that device, I would assume there won't be.

If a device doesn't do what you want out of the box, don't rely on that functionality appearing through updates. Far too easy to be burned by that promise.
    Yeah, that is what I'm thinking right now. Thanks.

Thread Information