Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check out how the new Nexus 6 stacks up against Nexus 5 - Specs Comparison

Thanks
    • cptwhite_uk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450i Gaming plus Wifi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb DRR4 Trident Z 3200 C16
      • Storage:
      • Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1Tb NVME SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 6800 16Gb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair SF600 Gold
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 v6
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF (2560x1440 144Hz Nano IPS)
      • Internet:
      • Bt 500 Mbps

Re: Check out how the new Nexus 6 stacks up against Nexus 5 - Specs Comparison

I threw together this rough and ready comparison:

The value at the bottom directly compares the amount of screen space in mm square, for every gram the tablet weighs. As you can see the Sony is a distant 1st place, even compared to the iPad Air and Mini w/ retina. Give it's incredibly low weight of 270 gram, I've got to say I think this is an a superb feat of engineering. Especially given it's also waterproof, dual speakers, and has SD card support as well.

I do prefer the 3:2 / 4:3 aspect ratios so that's the only downside. Starting to think tablets are best in 3:2 and phones 16:10

You could argue that is has a lower DPI given it's "only" 1920x1200...but to put this into some perspective. That's not fair off the DPI of Apple's retina display on the iPhone 6. (283 for the sony compared with 326 for the iphones). I'd say ~ 300 dpi is the best compromise for all portable display sizes. Anything above is just e-peen.

Thanks

Does anyone already one both a Nexus 5 & 6 and used them side by side for comparison of responsiveness e.t.c

Is the 5 lagging with Lollipop?

Thanks

IMO this comparison doesn't make any sense albeit it doesn't to any damage either if some like to to so. they are two completely different kinds of phones and most probably the 5 will see a 2015 edition even. so for once the 6 was not a successor but more of an addition to the nexus program. it's a phablet after all. just my 2cts.

Thanks

which phone is better than apple 5s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information