• Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

I've moved to Virgin mobile- so far so good

following on from this thread a while back
    http://forums.hexus.net/smartphones-...signal-3g.html

I had a postal mailer (see.. not all junk mail is junk ) from Virgin showing me sim only £10 per month, 1 gig data, 2500 minutes, unlim text, one month contract

I opted for £8/month 500mb, 1250 minutes unlim text

I may move to the £10 soon as the minutes also covers 08 numbers such as 0870.

EE network

So far, frankly, it kicks the hell out of Giff Gaff

It's not dropping signal when I travel a long way, where GiffGaff (02) showed full signal but was disconnected and needed a reboot

3g is nearly everywhere I travel and my smart phone is actually useable as a device not just a phone

and it's 50p more than my giffgass sim only which was better for picture messages (12p .. virgin is 40p) and allegedly had free 4g but as it rarely managed 3g or even Edge, was irrelevent.

Number ported across well. Good web site, easyt to set up account.

Only thing that didnt work was the 3g and picture message settings text, so I had to call them, but they did a great job, found my Xperia M settings in an archive, sent them, and I was running.

Happy so far

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks

Re: I've moved to Virgin mobile- so far so good

Would jump ship from GG to them but still no 4G

Thanks

From what I've heard from some people, GG 4G is often bested by 3G from other providers. Not sure if that's the case for Virgin which is another MVNO though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watercooled View Post
    From what I've heard from some people, GG 4G is often bested by 3G from other providers. Not sure if that's the case for Virgin which is another MVNO though.
    Yes my 4G from giffgaff is terrible not much better than their 3G but don't want to jump ship then regret it

Thanks

I saw the Virgin sim only offer last month and thought it was one of the best offers on the market. I was put off by its unclear terms and conditions. I got eight different answers to its clarification after speaking to eight different people from VM.

For example, all 0845 & 0870 are included in the inclusive minutes or unlimited free in the unlimited + plus package only for the first hour and then you're charged for the call for time in excess of the hour unless you redial again (surely unlimited free means there are no such limits?). The confusion also arises when the general terms and conditions also states 0800 calls are only free in the first hour despite the fact all 0800 calls should be free regardless according to Ofcom. All 0800 calls are free as stated in their VM legal info but this is contradicted its t&c as explained before.

If Virgin Media customer services couldn't understand their own tariffs then I can only imagine it will be a nightmare to sort out a nasty unexpected shocking bill.

Fantastic deal but fraught with poor customer services and hidden call charges. There are also rumours about Virgin Mobile moving over to 4G later this year but then again I wouldn't want to hold my breath on this one.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

I'm in rural Shropshire right now. 3g is,ok one side of the building but the,other is on Edge...however... While slow,..it IS working on data. I'm posting here and reading news apps etc. It's slow but it's working.

What interesting is that it's,showing as being on T mobile network (yes part of ee)

My wife's phone is on Ee and shows on ee and has zero.data.

The world of mobile networks is,fraut with complexities.

Thread Information