Thread: which nokia?

Registered+
    Thanks

which nokia?

Im planning to buy a nokia phone: i'll primarily use it as a video recoder, second is gps, and third, it should look good ( not the big bulky ones ) any recomendations? pls anyone?

thanks in advance.....
    Reality is for people with no imagination....

Thanks
    If you want to use it for GPS, then you're probably limited to the Symbian-based handsets.

At the moment, I'd say that the best handset around is the 6630. It's a 3G smartphone, with 1.3MP camera, hot-swappable memory and is the device to use the new SymbianOS v8.0. It allows video recording of up to 1 hour out of the box and 3rd party software can be installed to allow unlimited recording.

The downsides are that it's a little big (a little smaller than a 6600) and the memory card format is a little bit odd, which probably means that most GPS software (which usually store the maps on a memory card) won't be compatible with it.

The other option is the 7610(/6670). It's a little older than the 6630, but did win a lot of "phone of the year" awards. It allows up to 10 minutes of video recording (again, unlimited with the right 3rd party software), is compatible with GPS software like Route 66 and is quite thin.

Lastly, there's the 6260. I don't really like it though.

Thanks
    6230? Video recording, mp3 player, sound recorder....

Registered+
    Thanks
    Thanks mate, you really know alot 'bout these phones... so it's either 6630 or 7610... thanks again.. uhhmmm btw, is there a phone that has a 2 megapixel or higher?

Thanks
    The only 2MP cameraphone that I know of on sale in the UK is the Sharp 902. Nokia haven't announced any 2MP cameraphones yet, but the 3GSM conference is just around the corner and there's usually quite a few announcements made around then.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clstrphbc_donut
    6230? Video recording, mp3 player, sound recorder....
    I have this and recommend it but no GPS capability, especially so considering the small screen is the only flaw.

Thanks
    Does he definately mean GPS and not GPRS?

Thanks
    I thought that too but both are possible , he'll have to clarify

Registered+
    Thanks
    It's GPS, without the letter "r"...,im not planning to buy a pda just to use it as a gps, oh btw i need a phone that doesn't have a mp3 player, i already have an ipod.... any help would be much appreciated... thanks

Thanks
    My recommendation would definately be the 7610/6670 then. It has everything you want and none of the stuff you don't.

Thanks
    By the way, as much as i love my 6230 its useless for video, very blurry/extreme compression.

Nice photos for VGA, good small phone. But you are going to need bigger

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos
    By the way, as much as i love my 6230 its useless for video, very blurry/extreme compression.

Nice photos for VGA, good small phone. But you are going to need bigger
    I agree, video is pants on the 6230. I can't wait to upgrade mine. It's probably the best phone I have had, but i bought it as an MP3 player and i wish i had not bothered and got an standalone MP3 player. You can't edit playlists on the phone and Nokia Suite is completely rubish for MP3 management. If you buy a 6230, make sure you buy MobiMB, it's soooo much better. Also, you can't use your own headphones either and the nokia ones really bug me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous_dom
    I agree, video is pants on the 6230. I can't wait to upgrade mine. It's probably the best phone I have had, but i bought it as an MP3 player and i wish i had not bothered and got an standalone MP3 player. You can't edit playlists on the phone and Nokia Suite is completely rubish for MP3 management. If you buy a 6230, make sure you buy MobiMB, it's soooo much better. Also, you can't use your own headphones either and the nokia ones really bug me.
    You can use your own headphones, you just have to pay about £10-15, here's my thread about it on howardforums:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=386069

Also, I bought mine as an mp3 player too and just like you, I wish i'd bought a 6100 and a dedicated MP3 player instead. I mean, it does an ok job, but sonics are below even the ipod and theres not much bass etc. I didnt expect it to do wonders but its not really a good option as a main mp3 player unless you really arent planning to listen to it much. Good for pop/rock etc, but electronic music that depend heavily on bass are wasted. Even with the EX-71s

Thanks
    Nokia's design department are all on drugs.

Thread Information