Thread: Backing up unrooted Samsung Galaxy 7

Thanks

Backing up unrooted Samsung Galaxy 7

After using my Galaxy S7 for a couple months, I have decided that while I am happy to stick with the stock ROM, I am missing a couple of things that requires root. And looking at the current available procedure to root the phone, it will require a full wipe. So I am wondering if there any and good one stop solution to back up an unrooted Android phone (everything from contact, SMS and application data) to a PC. Preferably one that relies on a USB cable and PC rather than the Cloud (I do not have the fastest/most reliable connection at the moment, so it would be nice if I didn't have to restore from the cloud or re-download apps from the Play store).

Thanks
    • AGTDenton's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5950x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair something or the other
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB nvme, 1x 2TB nvme, 2x 8TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS 3080 Ti TuF
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850x
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Torrent White
      • Operating System:
      • 11 Pro x64
      • Internet:
      • Fibre

Re: Backing up unrooted Samsung Galaxy 7

Most desktop Backup solutions will backup the phone apps including the utility that is provided by the phone's vendor. What I wouldn't know is whether the phone vendor's utility would be compatible on a restore to root. However I'm sure if you have a friend with good internet a coffee or beer at theirs wouldn't hurt to get the apps back.

If you can afford £17ish then this looks like a good 3rd party android to PC backup application. Because it's not from a hardware vendor is more likely to work on a rooted phone (especially as one of their other apps is to root the phone). I believe there is a trial as well if you want to test it first.
    https://drfone.wondershare.com/andro...d-restore.html

And a small guide to backing up
    https://drfone.wondershare.com/andro...kup-to-pc.html
    Last edited by AGTDenton; 09-03-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks

As a Samsung phone user, you must be familiar with Samsung Kies, which is primarily designed for Samsung users to backup and restore Samsung phone data on PC.

Simply put, **Advert Admin Snip** for Android is a professional backup program specifically designed for Android users and is hence perfect for you Samsung Galaxy 7. It takes only a single click to transfer all types of data including contacts, photos, videos, messages, apps and more from your Android phone to your Windows or Mac computer. It is possible to connect your phone with or without using a USB cable- you can connect with Wi-Fi. What's more, **snip**enables you to restore files from computer to Samsung device and manage Samsung data on computer.

Admin note - If you'd like to advertise officially, contact usand we will propose a campaign for you. https://hexus.net/advertise/

Thanks

If the Samsung is unrooted, there is a safe way to recover the data you wanted on your Samsung phone. At the same time, you can also back up the Samsung data to computer for security.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdhnuj View Post
    If the Samsung is unrooted, there is a safe way to recover the data you wanted on your Samsung phone. At the same time, you can also back up the Samsung data to computer for security.
    Can it be done without root?how to do that?
    Google recommends this program to me,who know it.
    Last edited by Risszam; 27-02-2019 at 07:50 AM.

Thread Information