Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New XDA from o2

Registered+
    Thanks

New XDA from o2

Ive been thinking about getting one of the new XDA phone/PDA from o2. In my opinion it looks the nicest out of the XDAs so far but as far as it performs im a bit in the dark. Does anyone have any experience with one, or own one themselves ?

Any advice would be good.

Sean.

Thanks
    What is it, the HTC Wizard, like the Magician but with a slide-out keyboard (have to turn the unit sideways)?

If so I've used one for a bit, very impressed indeed but then I have a soft spot for this type of phone

Registered+
    Thanks
    Yeah that sounds like it, matt black finish and the screen and turn totally around to look like the old XDAs ? A friend of mine has one and raves about it, what kind of improvements did you notice over other phones/PDAs like it ?

RDL
    Thanks
    I must admit I'm also attracted. Looks stunning, and I can't see anything else in the phone department that beats it really. Anyone heard of the SPV? (I think that's it). I want to find out more about that phone.

How much is the rental/month on this thing?
    Last edited by RDL; 24-11-2005 at 10:10 PM.
    AMD 64 3500+ | Asus A32 SLi Deluxe | 2 x Corsair 512MB PC4400 Overclockers RAM| 1 x XFX 6800GT | Nexus Vantec Fan Controller | 1 x 74GB Western Digital Raptor )Boot + backup & 2x 200gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 (RAID 0) | Plextor 716A Black 16 x16±,x4+ Dual Layer DVD | Tagan 480W | ThermalRight XP-120 with Delta Screamer | 2x120mm YS TECH| Black Akasa Eclipse 62 | L1980U 19" TFT 12ms 500:1 DVI Ultra Slim Black & Silver | Phillips 5.1 Surround Sound| Razer Diamondback Mouse | ExactMat mousemat | Black Cherry Keyboard | WinXP Pro

Registered+
    Thanks
    I've got a XDA2i is the XDA Executive any better software side of things or is the keyboard the only upgrade?? Does anyone know?

My Local o2 Store doesn;t have any in stock to see what they are like!

Thanks
    I've got the T-mobile version, had it for a couple of weeks. Upgraded from a P900 and while the phone functionality and button layout aren't as well designed the rest is so much more polished and capable. Plays for-psp encoded videos fine using TCPMP. AvantGo works and is usable, which is more can be said for the P900 version. I've barely scratched the surface of upgrades, add-ins etc and feel that it may take some playing until I'm totally satisfied leaving my P900 at home for phone calls.

Thanks
    I'm considering one, the only thing that puts me off is the size. 8cm wide!?!? (The exec version that is)

Banned
    Thanks
    Two people I know have the XDA Exec, they get absolutely ridiculed all the time over the size of it. It is absolutely ridiculously massive.

It's only worth going for if you're too cheap for a laptop, but need to maybe have MS Office on the go, or something of that sort.

Seriously, it's the only phone I have ever seen that would need it's own rucksack.

Thanks
    Got 2 XDA 2s in the house and both are fantastic. Just the rioght size for playability and ease of navigation.

I have a new XDAsp from o2 arriving in the morning aswell. I'm going to to give it a try for 2 weeks and see if its useable. If not its getting swapped for a XDA mini. If you want any pics of the XDA's and the SP just give me a shout I'll host some with a comparision next to a 7610 and moto ROKR (orrible fone). End of day with PDA phones you have to understand how your going to use it. Trust me you can look pretty daft holding the XDA while out in town and you don't always want to use the loud speaker function, Just not practical.

Thanks
    then use handsfree

Thanks
    I was looking at the Exec as an upgrade from my 910i but the size puts me off, the 990i is out in Feb tho according to the SE rep that was in the o2 shop when I went in, think I'll sell the 910i for now n just get a "normal" phone and then get the 990i next year....

Anyone want a 3 month old 910i?

Thanks
    Looking at the exec in real life, it doesn't really look all that big to me. Should fit in your pocket with no problems to be honest
    Doo Doo Doo Da Da DA...

Thanks
    I was going to get the Exec, but just couldnt justify the size of the thing so i got a mini s intead. I stand by my decision.

Difference between 2i and Exec is mainly the keyboard, UTMS (3G) and Windows mobile 5 (as opposed to 2003).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gipo
    Looking at the exec in real life, it doesn't really look all that big to me. Should fit in your pocket with no problems to be honest
    Compare it to a 910i, its too big, yes it has more functionality but for the size its too big for a phone IMHO...

Rank Bajin
    Thanks
    I've got the equivalent of the Exec, and find that it's size isn't much of a problem at all. It's pretty thin, so it slips into a jacket pocket easily but I usually have it in trouser pockets and have no problems with it. If you're going to be doing lots of calling with it the a decent headset will probably needed- something like the Jabra BT800 would mean you would hardly ever have to take the phone out of your bag if you didn't want to.
    The Caped Crusader :-)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by |{££|"
    then use handsfree
    No amount of handsfreeing makes you look less like a tit with a xda!

So heres the new XDA SP (middle in the 1st pic)that has just arrived.

A couple of Comparisons next to the XDA iis and a Moto Rokr. Taken by my 7610 sorry for the poor quality but my digital camera is having a round the world trip from New Zealand after it was left there on a honeymoon

Thread Information