Thread: Motorola RAZR V3

Thanks

Motorola RAZR V3

I absolutley luv my RAZR Black but i want to upload some games to it since my ex deleted them all. (No she's not my ex because of this)

But I don't have the app loader and cannot figure out a way to upload java games to it.

Does anyone know what I can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Errr...me
    I MSN offline people
    6014 3DMk 05

Thanks
    • BenW's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Dual SATA2
      • CPU:
      • AMD64 3500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB Crucial DDR
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Samsung 8MB Cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon HD 3850
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ-04
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 17" Ultrasharp
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 8Mb
    Probably need to plug it in to the pc by cable (If you have one) or bluetooth and then transfer the games into a folder on the phone

Then you'll need to install them on the phone through a menu on the phone

Thats how it often works IIRC

If that doesn't work then upload them to some webspace and download on the phone through gprs

Thanks
    I can't get access to anything other then "Sounds" "Music" "Pictures" "Video" folders
    Quote Originally Posted by Errr...me
    I MSN offline people
    6014 3DMk 05

Thanks
    Installing games/apps on this daft phone is a serious pain in the ass, especially when compared to Nokia's and SE's. You need to activate the hiden Java Loader option in the menu. Use a program called PST Phone Manager to do this. Then use MIDway to upload the games.

Most games/apps often come with a .JAD and .JAR. The .JAR file is the game but the .JAD file is an installer file. It's this that you need to send to the phone (make sure the .JAR file is in the same folder).

Have a look on a dedicated mobile forum, the the Howard froums...

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=532320 - a good list of software of installing games/modding you phone/editing 'seems' etc.

Also look on www.Motomodders.net for more help. Found this on thier site...

How to Install Java Games and Apps via Data Cable

**DO NOT CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO THE COMPUTER AT THIS TIME.**

1) Install PST Phone Manager and Midway
    2) NOW CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO YOUR COMPUTER VIA THE CABLE.
    3) Open up PST Phone Manager and wait for it to detect all the drivers. There's quite a few and you CANNOT CANCEL OR JUST NOT INSTALL THOSE DRIVERS AND EXPECT PST TO WORK. When windows brings up the driver install menu for each device, select locate driver from specific location and then point it to the directory you installed PST into. For mine it was C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST. Then press next and let it do that for EACH DEVICE.
    4) Open up your device manager (Right click your My Computer icon on the desktop and select Properties. Then go to Hardware and then select device manager in the middle of the window)
    5) Make sure you can find under the Modems subcategory the device "Motorola USB Modem" if you can't then you have to uninstall the devices you just installed and then try again making sure that you install EVERYTHING.
    6) After you see the modem device, right click it and go to properties. Then click on the "Modem" tab and keep in mind what the port number is. It should be located above the Speaker Volume scroll bar at the top. IT'S THERE, IF YOU DONT SEE IT, YOU'RE NOT LOOKING HARD ENOUGH, VERY TOP IN BLACK. Mine was COM3 so just keep note of this.
    7) Now go to PST and go to FILE>NEW>KJava File (2nd column on the right down)
    8) Go to Phone>Read (your phone should be connected still) If you get an error message that says "Phone not connected. Please connect and power up the phone." Don't worry that happens all the time...when the Motorola USB Modem device isn't there. Just quit PST, unplug your phone, and then replug your phone and then open up PST again. It should work as long as the Motorola USB Modeum is there.
    9) After its read from the phone, you should see the previously greyed out button named "Enable/Disable Java App Loader Menu" turn clickable. Click on it and then let the program do the rest.
    10) Now go to Phone>Restart Phone if you don't you might have some problems restarting later...so don't forget. After your phone blinks in restart, close PST and unplug your phone.
    11) Now click on the center button to access basic menus, settings, go to java settings, and in there the first option should be "Java App Loader" click on that and then it'll give you a notice, "Insert Cable now"...at which point you insert the cable.
    12) Now start Midway, when it asks for the port, input what you saw and what I asked you to keep in mind earlier when we checked the port of the Motorola USB modem.
    13) Midway only loads JAD files so use JadGEN to make a JAD file pointing to your JAR file.

originally posted by tianlian

Delete Java Games and Apps From Your Phone

DO NOT USE P2K TO DELETE

Simply delete them right from the handset.

On your handset, go to 'Menu' > 'Games & Apps' > Highlight the item > 'Menu' > 'Delete'

This is the best way to remove all necessary files and settings.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    If it works the same as my v600 did then you just need to use the obex object push option for your bluetooth dongle, to send the .jar then it will install automagically, of course it may be completely different.

Thread Information