Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C500 Owners - New Firmware released

Registered+
    Thanks
    it is about 1 min for most wmsp phones but i never switch mine off, if i go cinema or hospital its on flightmode etc and the charge in the battery lasts me 5 days been a e200, c500 and now a c550 ower and would never touch a nokia atm

Thanks
    t is about 1 min for most wmsp phones but i never switch mine off, if i go cinema or hospital its on flightmode etc and the charge in the battery lasts me 5 days been a e200, c500 and now a c550 ower and would never touch a nokia atm
    How do you deal with the problem of the memory card being under the battery though? You'd need to turn the phone off to be able to put the memory card in a card reader. Bluetooth/USB are painfully slow for transferring over music/video.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron
    How do you deal with the problem of the memory card being under the battery though? You'd need to turn the phone off to be able to put the memory card in a card reader. Bluetooth/USB are painfully slow for transferring over music/video.
    Well, if you think about it, even when you take the card out you are still going to put the card inside a USB card reader.

Ok so you may have a USB2.0 card reader. Its really not that slow, you'd have to have a freakish level of impatience not be able to wait for a maximum of 1GB to transfer.

Thanks
    Well, if you think about it, even when you take the card out you are still going to put the card inside a USB card reader.
    The difference is that with a card reader, Windows sees the card as a logical drive and has unrestricted access to it. This allows for very fast transfers.

However, when the card is in the phone and connected via USB, Windows doesn't have full access to the memory card and all transfers have to go through the phone's OS. This can slow things down considerably.

Newer phones like the SE K750i can already give Windows logical access to the memory card whilst it's still in the phone itself but this is pretty rare. I've heard support for this will be in Windows Mobile 5 and it better be, otherwise transferring data to the new Samsung phone with the hard-drive is going to be damn slow!

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel iMac 20" & Macbook
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 7200 Int + 1.5Tb Ext
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Intel iMac 20" Aluminium
      • Operating System:
      • OSX Snow Leopard (Win 7 x64 on Macbook Bootcamp)
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" @ 1680x1050 & 27" 1080p HDTV
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb
    Well feel free to correct me on this, but once you install the Microsoft Activesync software for the phone, I guess you can say it comes up with logical access as it comes up as a 'Mobile Device' under My Computer, along with hard drives and such. Then going through that is simply like browsing any other directory on your computer. However, transfers are quite slow, but not slow enough to take the card out into a reader everytime you want to put an mp3 or small video on it. For something big, like over 30mb+, a card reader may be useful.

Thanks
    Still beats me old Samsung A300, bwahaha My P900 is pretty good for that, well starting the phone up is pretty abismal but getting signal is great and the contacts aren't on SIM so its quick

However, its never off anyway

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowe
    Since updating to the new ROM, I've had problems with my calls - sometimes my voice is virtually untintelligable to the people on the other end. Calling them straight back resolves the issue - very odd.
    That's funny, I know someone with a C500 who updated their ROM, last time he called me I got the first two words of what he said and then it went al squelchy and then silent. Is that anything like what you had? Both of us were in good signal at the time.

Thanks
    The WM smartphones don't come up as a logical device although this can be achieved by installing the WM Developer Power Toys apparently.

There is a program for the WM PPC's which allow them to show as a pen drive when you plug it into the PC.

Transfering files is painfully slow through ActiveSync so a card reader is defiently in order for large files.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information