Thread: Active Sync - Email syncs

Thanks

Active Sync - Email syncs

heya all

I have been using active sync to sync my "inbox" to my phone that works fine and i get the emails on my phone.

i then use the pop3 stuff on the phone to get the latest headers. however, these go into a different folder ie

Outlook E-Mail (all active sync stuff goes in here)
    POP3 (name of my account. all mail from mail server goes in here)

however, if i download an email in full then its removed from the email server but when active sync syncs again it will not sync this folder back up to my outlook on my main PC.

is this how it is supposed to work? As i would have hoped it would sync downloaded emails backup to the main PC so you dont loose track of recieved emails etc etc? How do i make downloaded emails go into the "outlook E-Mail" section or alternatively how can i enable my POP3 section be sync'ed back up to the main pc? Or have i missed sommat totally?

cheers
    Jon

Thanks
    I have been using Active Sync for a few years and AFAIK (like 99% sure) there is no way to sync the pop3 folders on your phone with Outlook.

There is also no options to copy from one account to another on the phone, such as coping an e-mail from your pop3 inbox to your Outlook one.

The way i have my phone setup is to leave the mail on the server which means when I go back to my PC I can download it there. Not ideal as if you check several times you can end up downloading the same message everytime but the only real way to go about it.

Thanks
    Hey there thanks for the reply.

that is how i also ended up setting my email up as well. Such a shame that even with active sync 4.0 it still appears to be the same.

arr well

thanks again
    Jon

Thanks
    Maybe Windows Mobile 5 will solve this problem but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Thread Information