Thread: Heads up on cashbacks?

Gateshead/Blueyonderland-Sky-Vergin on mad
    Thanks

Heads up on cashbacks?

I`m on my 2nd contrac with onestop phjone shop (another name for CArphone warhouse ulti moiliionaire play with your money boy) (again sorry foir bad typing...hands bu****ed.
    Now I know it`s a big organisation and swallowed up a lot of shops and maybe they`re a bit slow.
    BUT. You do get the cashback eventually and a pretty good deal (my second pair of very cheap phones and even these won cost me much when I flog em off at contrac end) (DON`T ASK....no sales here plez) .
    But the waiting is gettin horeendous....My 1st month automatioc chequeback is only now being processed (from month after 10th Feb....go figger) and it will take at least 3 weeks to arrive. My 4th month cashback claim is on its way in now and if the Xmas one is owt to go by I may get it for Xmas.
    The web mail amnsweres...well don`t bother. The phone queus are horrendous onsd on an 0845 with a chunky menu and massive message if you select cashback...even the * key tricjk takes 2 minutes to work then you`re twentieth in the Q and God help you if you`re after me cos I was on (chatting nicely cos they were busy and the poor giuy needd a break while talking(officially) to someone who werent trying to scream "WQHERES MY BLLODYY CASHBACK!!!!!!" down the phone at him.....
    Yes I know 3s customer service is useless but the deal was good, the phones were good and they did attempt to sweet talk me nicely. Tyhat particular customer service is actually qiute good from the shop but heaven help you iof you take ( or even refuse) their insurance and help program.
    Even after blocking it at the bank last uyear and SPECIFICALLY saying I did not want it, I have mty own, from shop to termination, including carriage, insurance and certainly didn`t need a stup expensive help line to figger out my phone....they still sneaked a direct debit past the bank before I could stop it. And the so called Banks Direct Debit Guaranttee scheme is a load of cobblers anyway and not worth the paper its qwritten on.
    Mines gone to the ombudsman cos I`ve cancelled correctly twice and still ended up with 2 direct debits sneaking through twic. £4.99 each x4 is a fair few pints even nowadays.

So, anuy body else got tales of woe and caution.
    Can`t really fault their customer guys, their hands are tied and I wouldnt take tehir job for £60,000 a year.....whas that you say "STRESSSSSSSS???"

Thanks
    Same problem with One Stop Phone Shop, cash back scheme is a nightmare. Completed the 1st forms incorrectly and buy the time I had got a customer rep to help out I missed the cut off. 2nd one was a little easier, forms completed and on time but the cash back took an age to arrive.

Gateshead/Blueyonderland-Sky-Vergin on mad
    Thanks
    To be fair to Onestop, their problems only really started after they got taken over by the mega groupies at Car Phone Wharehouse (always tempted to spell that different, dunno why?) as they now have to authorise everything then get it sent to the millionaires row for them to authorise it etc etc.
    Prior to that, on my first contract they were quite rapi and certainly within their stated time.
    Cashbacks are generally a bit of a nightmare tho` and the terms and times aren`r always clear but a quick ring to the guys on the frontline has always found them helpful once you get through the cash eating menu and message reading as long as the bible.

Thread Information