Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cashback Issue

Thanks

Thumbs down Cashback Issue

Anyone dealt with phones2udirect? As this is my first post it will not let me put the url - the webaddress is www with .co.uk in the end.
    They don't seem to be too keen to give cashback. Their Cash back terms seem to be complecated and not easy to understand. They don't seem to be answering their phones and take ages to reply to emails. They have rejected my cashback and wondered anyone else has had any similar experience with them. I would say don't buy from this company. I am thinking of going to small claims court to claim my money back but not sure if it is worth it ?

Thanks
    • ukengineer's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS A8N-SLi DELUXE
      • CPU:
      • AMD 4600 X2 S939 @ 2.8Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB GEIL ULTRA PLATINUM DUAL CHANNEL DDR PC3500
      • Storage:
      • 1.2TB OVER 4 FAST SATA DRIVES
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi X1950XTX GDDR4 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Mesh
      • Case:
      • Mesh MatriX
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" DVi LCD 6ms
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbit Blueyonder/Telewest now Virgin
    cashback is normally paid in dribs and drabs, by means of requesting it from them, and the final payment you have to send in the reciept iirc.

Basically its a rip off to get you to buy a phone, stick with major phone retailers like 02, Vodafone, Tmobile and Orange.

Deal direct with the phone service provider, the benefits far outway the fancy gifts.

Thanks
    Well I am on a cashback contract atm not with phones2udirect though. I know the cashback terms sometimes seem complicated but I always had to bring the bills to the shop at certain months (i think the 1st, 3rd and 5th month). However they were very specific and if you missed the month then you would not get your cashback money. How much we talking about adave? if its something really tiny i wouldnt bother tbh. What are the cashback terms of phones2udirect? if u have not followed their rules then they are entitled not to give you back any of the money.

Thanks
    Some of these companies offering cashback are actively trying to make sure you cannot claim cashback, rejecting or losing valid claim submissions etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    Some of these companies offering cashback are actively trying to make sure you cannot claim cashback, rejecting or losing valid claim submissions etc.
    yeah i read an article about this, the companys keep actively changing the bar and or deny they've had the forms, receipts etc.. if this is the case i'd suggest taking legal action

Thanks
    I am on a O2 contract at £30 a month. They have rejected the 1st claim and now their term says that I cannot claim the other cashback for month 9th, 12th. I don't think they have got any intention of paying so make it very hard to claim. I also recommend a friend and claimed for that where you get £20 which also has not been paid.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I think that you are better off with e2save, they are a little more flexible (eg print your bills online etc). I received all my cashback ok and I am now going to buy a new phone off of them. Not very good offers on SE K800i or Samsung D900 though, which interest me, but you can't have everything. They have been bought by carphone warehouse if this gives you any sense of extra security.

Thanks
    If it does, it shouldn't. Customers on the moenysavingexpert site have been reporting these problems with e2save as well. Just becuase you have had a satisfactory experience does not mean everybody is ahving the same grizac.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    Just becuase you have had a satisfactory experience does not mean everybody is ahving the same grizac.
    I think that any other people's good or bad experiences are of some use when making a decision about where to buy, and this is why I posted my own. I would also like to add, and I don't recommend this to anyone, that after 6 months with orange I downgraded my tariff from £32/m to £19/m, and still got all my cashback from e2save, making this a better deal than advertised. I think that if they wanted to screw me they could easily do it, as I violated explicitly one of their terms. But this just shows that the guys are doing their best. This is only my own experience and don't assume that the same will happen to you.

Thanks
    i'd say its definately worth taking them to small claims court, companys like these hope that ppl wont bother and just eventually give up and walk away, by taking them you prove different and tbh i bet they wont even turn up

Thanks
    • robbo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5N SLI
      • CPU:
      • intel core2 Duo E6600 sli
      • Memory:
      • 2048MB DDR2 900MHz OCZ
      • Storage:
      • 300gb Serial ATA 16MB buffer
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB Ati radeon 2900xt
      • PSU:
      • OCZ gamer 700W PSU
      • Case:
      • ATX MIDI TOWER
      • Monitor(s):
      • SONY SDM HS95PR
      • Internet:
      • Broadband 2MBPS
    my daytime job is working at a citizens advice bureau. it may be worth while checking if this company has gone into liquidation as this may effect your options. alternitavely contact trading standards or consumer direct who would know about other people with the same problem.

keeping it real.

robbo

Thanks
    Hi Robbo
    Is there a website I can check if the company has gone bankrupt or not ? They are still selling mobiles on their website

Thanks
    what reason did they give for stop you from claiming the money

Thanks
    • robbo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5N SLI
      • CPU:
      • intel core2 Duo E6600 sli
      • Memory:
      • 2048MB DDR2 900MHz OCZ
      • Storage:
      • 300gb Serial ATA 16MB buffer
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB Ati radeon 2900xt
      • PSU:
      • OCZ gamer 700W PSU
      • Case:
      • ATX MIDI TOWER
      • Monitor(s):
      • SONY SDM HS95PR
      • Internet:
      • Broadband 2MBPS
    hi there www.companieshouse.co.uk is the webby if you are dealing with a limited company. if you are dealing with sole trader or partnership there is different webby.

at work i saw one(no names ) of these and what has happened is that people have purchased phone/cashback and had 1/2 payments of the cashback. they then have problems contacting the cashback provider. in the meantime there contract for airtime with a mobile phone operator continues. when person gets no joy from cashback they go to mobile phone operator who says "its not my problem guv, go to cashback provider"
    the debate then starts as to
    1. what has happened to cashback back provider.(in the case i delt with it had gone bankrupt and the liquidator had sold part of the business onto someone who was running the website for new enquiries only.
    2. was this a scam?
    3. has the mobile phone provider any responsibility for the actions of its agents?

etc.

in these situations i would allways suggest contacting trading standards who would have a national database of these problems and would be able to advisre you on your options.

ps. if company has gone bankrupt you can still take them to court but even if you win your case you only become a creditor of the company. bearing in mind that the company has gone bankrupt because it had no money chances of recovering your money are small.

robbo.

Thanks
    • wazi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P8H61-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i3
      • Memory:
      • 8gb
      • Storage:
      • 6tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GEFORCE 650 GTX
      • PSU:
      • antec trupower
      • Case:
      • antec
      • Operating System:
      • win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG
      • Internet:
      • 100 MB VIRGIN
    ive always thought of these places as scammers

Thanks
    damm , i boght 3 fones from e2save (not in one go ), got 2/3 more refer a frnd payments awaiting ..... received 1/3 cashbacks so far (still waiting for rest)

Thread Information