Thread: Need a new phone and contract?

Thanks

Need a new phone and contract?

My trusty 6610i has finaly come to the end of its nateral life.
    - After more abuse than it really desevered, a whole stack of replacment covers, and several underwater dunkings for nearly three years, but now the microphone has just packed up!

Im also going to switch from 02 PAYG to a contract, seeing at i think that will proberly work out a bit cheaper, and mean i can be less of a stingy git!

So basicaly, im trying to work out what phone i want!
    - The 6610i is great, beacuse its small, lasts a week on its battery most of the time, and has interchangable covers. Which condering the number of times i seam to be able to crack screens is probebly a good thing! But all the newer phones (nokia included) seam to have ditched the replacable covers?
    - Also, idealy i would be able to occationaly use said new phone as a wireless modem (3g?) with my laptop when on holiday without a internet conection.

I will consdier just about anything, but naterally, i would be thinking down th nokia brick line. Rather than a sony/samsung slide/flip phone.

Any thoughts?

Daniel

Thanks
    For your amusment, here she is...

Thanks
    I kept my 6610 for a very long time, keypad was excellent one of the best I used. Its just a great phone for calling and texting.

What sort of contract are you looking at...i.e. monthly minutes/txts ? If you plan to buy direct from the network providers it will have to be an 18mnth contract for best value. Check out T-mobile flext.

Personally I don't wish to be locked into an 18mnth contract (nice to have a new phone after a year!) so usually buy an 12 month deal through www.e2save.com. Its a redemption scheme and works out much cheaper in the long run.

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2
    Am I right in thinking that you are a student?

If so - go to the vodafone store. For £25/month I get unlimited texts, unlimited mms, 125 minutes and stop the clock (talk for 60 pay for 3) and a choice of any of the phones available (I chose the k800i which he threw in for free - should have been £100). It is, however, an 18 month contract, but you can upgrade after 14/16months (can't remember which)

Dave

Thanks
    I've got an assortment of old Nokia phones here, if you want you can have a mic and fix the old phone?

Thanks
    Yeah, the 6610i is a great phone, nice to use, small, roughbust.
    - I am indeed a student, and i dont think i have a problem with a 18month contract, ive had this phone nearly three years anyway.
    - Im looking for fairly low-usage contract, as im onlt speding about £15/20 a month of my phone as PAYG, so dont want to spend much more than that.
    - In terms of texts/minutes, its proberly fairly even, but more texting, i text proberbly about 5 or so times in the average day, but use the phone when ever thats quicker or move conventent. (although usally never for very long).

Im going to have to a really look at the varous contracts people are offering, although im tempted to stick with maybe stick to 02, as more of my frends/family seam to be with them (or orange)
    - Also, coverage is a fairly important issue. I spend a fair bit of time in the middle of nowhere on my bike, and often i seam to have signal where my mates dont, also signal coverage around our house is patchy, as is most of the canals.

I guess the other option would just be to scrap the whole above idea, and eather fix my current phone, or buy a 2nd hand one of fleabay for £25 yhat should easly last the year till im on my placment next year.

Daniel
    Last edited by oshta; 20-11-2006 at 07:39 PM.

Thread Information