Thread: Ubuntu 6.10...ATi drivers 3d acceleration not installed? According to cedega?

Thanks

Ubuntu 6.10...ATi drivers 3d acceleration not installed? According to cedega?

just installed envy's ATi drivers for my 9600xt.. and setting up cedega and apparently oss sound and 3d acceleration arent installed or setup properly or something:S
    how do i set them up? surely envy would have done that i did the automated install...
    HELP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz regarding the Apple Mighty Mouse
    I just got so fed up with this thing for it's crappy erratically working scroll ball and poor right-click detection that I just threw it against a wall and it exploded.

Good riddance. Wish I'd done it about a year ago.

Thanks
    envy is not a supported method of installation as with nvidia/ati not all drivers are compatabile with the systems (hence why the guide to install in the wiki - the one you should have read doesn't tell you to go to ati.com/nvidia.com and download the latest).

If you have followed the guide on the official supported ubuntu wiki as your constantly being told to do and had problems you could be helped and progressed to a working solution, but using unsupported 3rd party tools like automatix and envy make supporting your system very hard.

You may also now struggle to remove the envy installed drivers depending on what it did to do the install.

As you keep being told USE the ubuntu documentation, not 3rd party, not what your mate says, the ubuntu supported official and workable guides and documentation,

Do you not think its a co-incidense your having so many problems
    It is Inevitable.....

Thanks
    actually i asked the ubuntu forums who were very helpful and recommended envy for a simple installation.the guy who made it is also on their...
    the gui has an uninstall option.
    i just purely wanted something automated.
    could you paste the relevant steps from the wiki to install a 9600xt 128mb ati card PLEASE.as before it messed up my 6.0.6 (back 5months ago when i used to use it) so don't want to loose this setup.
    cheers
    I just got so fed up with this thing for it's crappy erratically working scroll ball and poor right-click detection that I just threw it against a wall and it exploded.

Thanks
    I've got a better idea.......

Instead of me looking through the wiki, and pasting the sections, how about you FIND the wiki, you READ the wiki, you DO the steps in the wiki.

If you learnt about envy from the ubuntu forums, and spoke to the guy who wrote it, why did you not pick it up with him and ask the guys who support it to help you rather than starting another one of your "I don't know my own name" style thread with "I did some stuff, and something broke but sort of not, maybe" style levels of detail.

I have rarley seen anyone as lazy and bone idle as you in terms of learning or doing anything.
    Last edited by ikonia; 25-03-2007 at 07:52 PM.
    It is Inevitable.....

Thanks
    i didn't say i specifically spoke to him.i was merely saying he's a member on there... i have tried asking people on there many times but no replies.if you look in my other thread i have posted the xorg.conf if it helps? not sure.is there any steps i can take to just sort out the 3d acceleration? and "OSS Sound"?

Thread Information