Hi all.

I previously had Vista installed when it was first released, and after a few months decided to go back to XP as I noticed a performance decrease in games with my set-up. Upon removing Vista, I installed XP on my other hard drive to use the bigger hard drive for storage (that previously had Vista installed).

A couple of days ago I had problems with my PC, and whilst I was troubleshooting it I disconnected my hard drive by accident and the comp tried booting up using the bigger hard drive. It asked me what OS I wanted to use and it came up with Vista! It wasn't even installed on the system, so obviously boot up failed as it said files were missing.

Now this might be coincedance, but I appear to have 2 multimedia audio controllers in Device Manager. It's not causing any major problems, but its not obviously supposed to be there, and my computer shouldn't be thinking Vista is still installed!

This is a pretty strange one as I can't uninstall something that isn't there! Any help would be greatful, although I shan't get my hopes up!