Ok, so I've been fiddling with movie maker having borrowed next doors digi-cam, the files I'm using aren't that big, 1-2 meg mostly, but the damn thing crashes almost constantly!

I was trying to put some music to it, so rather than have the timeline thing open with the film in there, I thought I'd just do the soundtrack first.

If I cut and paste a clip of sound from one end of the timeline to somewhere else, it crashes... If I paste in a new piece of music, it crashes... if I scroll the timeline back or forward whille playing the music, it crashes...

Basically the whole thing is about as stable as a greased ball bearing pyramid on a rowing boat in the middle of a hurricane...

I've set my page file to auto, tried disabling and enabling sound hardware acceleration, tried updating my sound drivers, re-installed Movie Maker from a fresh download and it STILL doesn't work right... I've even moved all the files I want to work with to a fresh root folder, then started all over again and still no joy...

How the hell can anyone manage to do anything with this? Either you have the patience of a saint, I'm missing something obvious or my hardware set-up with the overclocking is fudging things...

HELP!!