Thread: WMM wont import .avi or .wmv that were former .bin images!

Thanks

WMM wont import .avi or .wmv that were former .bin images!

How do I convert a .bin image file from my Wii's SD card to a format that I can import into WMM???

I have an SD card I use on my Wii. In a game I have called Super Smash Brothers Brawl, u can save replays of 1-3 minute battles. The repalys r all .bin files when I upload them to my computer via card reader/USB port, just like with my other SD card data from the game. I want to know how I can convert my .bin image (replays) to a format that programs like Windows Media Player and Windows Movie Maker can support.

I want to import my .bin image (replay) to Windows Movie Maker, so I can edit it and all, and so I don’t have to record my video game with a camera. But when I tried IsoBuster and made my .bin image (replay) into a AVI or WMV file, no media program can play it and Windows Movie Maker keeps saying this, “C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Track 01.wmv could not be imported. The selected file is not valid or is corrupted."

PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks

Re: WMM wont import .avi or .wmv that were former .bin images!

I don't have this game as it still isn't out in the UK, but after a google search it would appear that it cant be done.

Apparently the .bin file doesn't contain any video but just a record of all the button presses etc that happen during the match.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by merple View Post
    I don't have this game as it still isn't out in the UK, but after a google search it would appear that it cant be done.

Apparently the .bin file doesn't contain any video but just a record of all the button presses etc that happen during the match.
    That seems to make sense...thanks.

Ok, well, do u know a program that can just OPEN and play the .bin image (replay) and then I cud record it with CamStudio so it cud go into WMM? Is it possible to just open it and watch it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Super Smash Bro View Post
    That seems to make sense...thanks.

Ok, well, do u know a program that can just OPEN and play the .bin image (replay) and then I cud record it with CamStudio so it cud go into WMM? Is it possible to just open it and watch it?
    No.
    The data is nothing more than a sequence of actions. There is *zero* video data, thus the only way to make it playable is to write some sort of program that would essentially be the game on a PC.

Hook the Wii up to a video capture card and record, its the only realistic way you're going to do this
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    No.
    The data is nothing more than a sequence of actions. There is *zero* video data, thus the only way to make it playable is to write some sort of program that would essentially be the game on a PC.

Hook the Wii up to a video capture card and record, its the only realistic way you're going to do this
    Oh =(. Well, thx a lot! I don't know if I cud use one of those (I might ask for a Dazzle for my birth day) cuz my Wii is in a separate room from the computer (sort of next room)...

Thread Information