Thread: Site to take registrations and do mail merge's

Thanks

Site to take registrations and do mail merge's

I am looking at setting up a website which will allow users to register with a range of details about them and their kayaking ability. Once they are registered I want them to see a range of courses available and to be able to register for them. I doubt we would want to take payments on the site we would probably just keep the current methods.

What I then want is for the course provider to be then able to login to the site and do a mail merge. This would then populate the range of forms (many of which with the same details) that are required to carry out kayaking courses with the details people have registered with.

I am trying to reduce the amount of paperwork we seem to have to carry out. Hopefully this will allow users to register once and then just check all details are correct when enrolling on a course.

This is for an umbrella group of kayaking clubs in the North East of Scotland to I am ideally looking for a free solution to implement as we don't have any funds in the group to set this up.

Has anyone seen any good CMS's that would do this?

Thanks

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Site to take registrations and do mail merge's

Hi,

What you are asking is actually quite specific. I doubt there are any free solutions out there. Have you tried the option of posting this into any local community groups just incase there a local programmer looking for a project?

It would be an idea to write out a detailed spec of the work required. What you need to store, options for searching and collating profiles etc, phases of development (now and future), preffered technology (PHP, ASP/ASP.NET etc), code ownership once complete. This would prove invaluable if you did happen to find someone would would like to take this on. Maybe something they could work on as a side project over a time.

Based on what you have said so far, there doesn't look like much in the project and so you might get lucky with someone taking it on for free.

Would you post a link of the spec here... just incase someone here would like to take a stab?

Thanks

Not a difficult task - so long as the CMS allows extended profiles, which can export the data.

Thanks

Thanks for the replys guys.

Does anyone know of a CMS that allows extended profile and can export the data?

Thanks

Thread Information