Hi Guys

I want to migrate several SBS 2003 servers to new hardware without doing it the manual way.

I took a image of a Dell PowerEdge 2900 server with RAID controller (SBS 2003 R2) using Backup Exec System Recovery boot CD which went fine, I then restored it to an older Dell PE 2500 server using the restore anywhere feature to restore to different hardware, the problem is I get a blue screen and then it automatically reboots, I have actually restored the image to a normal workstation (totally different HW) which actually worked fine so the image is ok.

I did have to load the RAID controller drivers on the 2500 server when I booting the CD otherwise it wouldnt see the HD's to restore to (I believe its a Vista Windows PE) environment.
What I think is happening is the newer SBS server (PE 2900) didnt have the right RAID controller drivers in its drivers folder so when I restored it to the older 2500 it just blue screens, does this sound right?

I will be messing about with this on Monday and was wondering if someone could tell me where to place the INF files on the source server before imaging it and trying again.

Also if someones used the above SW as well as "Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server" can you tell me your experience of which one has more success, what I like about the Symantec solution is theres no software to install prior to imaging the PC, I can simply boot from the CD.

Thanks for your help guys.