I am using Hanewin as an NFS server on Windows 7 RTM in an attempt to improve reliability of Time Machine Backups of an iBook to my Windows 7 Machine.
I have successfully set it up using SMB but apparently NFS is more reliable and faster.
The problem is that I cannot browse the share contents of the NFS share from the iBook, however I can drop files onto the share. I just cannot see tham afterwards and so time machine fails when it tries to back up over the NFS share.
Is there a better NFS server out there? Hanewin costs 30 euros and that's about as much as I am willing to pay for a "single purpose" piece of software.
Hanewin is sharing and the iBook is showing up as a client when it connects. I'll admit I don't have a clue how the security works on this so for now I have set it up to allow everyone full control on both the share and NTFS permissions. The Windows 7 Firewall is disabled, but I'll want to enable it once I get this working. There is currently no A/V software on the Win7 Machine.
The windows Services for unix are unfortunately only a way of accessing NFS shares on other machines. They only act as a server on a server OS.