Kaspersky is not a good anti-virus (my own personal experience with it). I'll tell you that right up front. It did NOT find the IFrame injection worm on my server. I knew the worm was there, so I uninstalled Kaspersky and tried Avast. Avast found it right away and removed it.

Avast is the most comprehensive virus & malware scanner I have ever seen. I believe there is a free version for desktop PCs, but for Server OS's, it has a free 60-day trial, which everybody with a server OS should take advantage of, just to see if you have any worms hiding on your system. After 60 days it is reasonably priced (I think like 50 dollars or something).

I usually use Avira Anti-Vir, which is great too (and free), but it didn't like to be installed on a Server OS, so that's why I downloaded and tried Avast.

P.S. I hear good things about NOD32, but have not tried it. I don't think it can be better than Avast, but I'll hold my tongue on that verdict until I actually try it.

AVG is also a good, free virus scanner. Several of my friends use it and say they like it because it is fairly non-intrusive for the user.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbixx View Post
The amount of ignorance in this thread is astounding. The primary role of an anti-virus is to prevent infection; if it removes a current infection, then it's a bonus.
That's ridiculous, Orbixx. An anti-virus should be able to both prevent new infections and remove old ones.